Home

Kevin Durant Disappointed with NBA Elite 11 Decision, Hears About News via Twitter

This is a discussion on Kevin Durant Disappointed with NBA Elite 11 Decision, Hears About News via Twitter within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Kevin Durant Disappointed with NBA Elite 11 Decision, Hears About News via Twitter

Kevin Durant speaks out, about the NBA Elite 11 decision, over at Thunder Rumblings.

Quote:
"The cover athlete for the premier of NBA Elite 11 couldn’t contain his disappointment.

Kevin Durant spoke with noticeably more sullenness as he discussed postponed plans for the video game that features an action shot of him on the cover. His answers shrunk shorter. His tone grew more tense.

“They said it wasn’t as up to par as they wanted it to be,” Durant said. “That’s kind of unfortunate. It was kind of cool to see myself on a video game. I guess they’ll wait till it gets right. We’ll see.

And how did Durant learn the news of the delay?

“Twitter,” he said with a smile."

Thanks to Owen Good.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
WOW. The Cover Athlete didn't even get a call....smh
Old 09-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Kevin Durant Disappointed with NBA Elite 11 Decision, Hears About News via Twitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
WOW. The Cover Athlete didn't even get a call....smh
Oh please, we all know he's just photoshot and paid. Its not as a big deal as you make it out to be. You act like he developed the game or had any involvement (with Operating/developing a mutl-billion dollar company LOL)

Edit: I'm sure he had nothing to do with the game at all, he was away at FIBA, his cover is an in game cover from a game he played earlier in the year, similar to kobe's nba2k10 cover.

anyways, KD should be glad. that's easy money for doing nothing.You don't want that released with you on the cover.

Plus, you don't have to worry about the live curse. Everyone since 07 had something happened to them, gilbert, tmac, parker(injuries) and dwight(don't worry, your turn is coming up next)

They should just resign durant to elite 12. I have a feeling it won't be too bad and the game should be polished by then.

IMO, they should sign durant for 3 years. Sorta had 2k did with iverson.

Last edited by yungflo; 09-30-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 21
How do you think J Cole and 9th Wonder feel?
They composed the entire soundtrack.

I get tired of sayin it over and over...
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Kevin Durant Disappointed with NBA Elite 11 Decision, Hears About News via Twitte

That's bad. EA head didn't let their devs and thei cover athlete the news before everybody else?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Dollar Theater's Arena

OVR: 5

Feel bad for Durant. Seems like a good, hard-working guy, but he has no luck with video games. They put him on March Madness 08 and it was God awful. Now they put him on this and it doesn't even get released.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Oh please, we all know he's just photoshot and paid. Its not as a big deal as you make it out to be. You act like he developed the game or had any involvement (with Operating/developing a mutl-billion dollar company LOL)

Edit: I'm sure he had nothing to do with the game at all, he was away at FIBA, his cover is an in game cover from a game he played earlier in the year, similar to kobe's nba2k10 cover.

anyways, KD should be glad. that's easy money for doing nothing.You don't want that released with you on the cover.

Plus, you don't have to worry about the live curse. Everyone since 07 had something happened to them, gilbert, tmac, parker(injuries) and dwight(don't worry, your turn is coming up next)

They should just resign durant to elite 12. I have a feeling it won't be too bad and the game should be polished by then.

IMO, they should sign durant for 3 years. Sorta had 2k did with iverson.
You clearly have no idea at all then. Durant did have some say. There's videos out there of him playing the game with the devs.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeSabbath84
You clearly have no idea at all then. Durant did have some say. There's videos out there of him playing the game with the devs.
oh yeah..totally forgot about that promo shot.

I wonder if reanimator can confirm if durant had really any solid involvement? and if they did, shouldnt they have more vids of kd?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »