Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Interview (ESPN The Gamer)

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Interview (ESPN The Gamer) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Interview (ESPN The Gamer)

Not excited about the Activision involvement but I do have a lot of faith in Ed Martin.

Next to Dave Kaemmer and Geoff Crammond he is one of the best in the sim business. I know he was at Papyrus and then went off to form Monster games who made Viper Racing and NASCAR Heat for the PC.

Not sure how well it is going to turn out. Being a small developer with two puppet masters is not going to be an easy act to juggle. I hope for the best and guess we will find out in February.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 24

After all the hype and excitement about F1, followed by the negative posts about the bugs that some are calling gamekillers, I'm not gonna get too excited about this.

We shall see.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerzIgnite
First, that logo looks like it was from a beginners photoshop course...

and i dont see anything new about this game that makes me want this over any other racing game out there. Personally i dont know why any nascar game wouldnt go full-sim. If you try and go arcade...then Need for Speed or GT5 (which has Nascar) are far better options.
I agree, nothing in there has me excited. It sounds like what they would say about Madden and having it accessible to everybody.

Also are crashes really that important to people? Yeah it looks cool like once, but normally I would rather race.

So if I had to put my money down, I would bet that I'll still be playing NR2003 after this drops. EDIT: It isn't on the PC. NVM.

So I even less excited for it now. Might be fun for a bit though, but I thought it was on the PC and was hoping for something to replace NR2003 or at least another option.

Last edited by kubankaos; 09-30-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
Rookie

BloodshedCanine's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubankaos
I agree, nothing in there has me excited. It sounds like what they would say about Madden and having it accessible to everybody.

Also are crashes really that important to people? Yeah it looks cool like once, but normally I would rather race.

So if I had to put my money down, I would bet that I'll still be playing NR2003 after this drops.

Besides, I think I missed it, is it even on the PC? I saw this sentence and it threw me off, "We're also going to have online multiplayer through Xbox Live and PSN with up to 16 gamers online."
They said their wouldn't be a PC version.

Anyway, I'm excited. The last few EA Nascar games have been disappointments, but this sounds pretty cool. I'm glad their trying to make the crashes looks real. Can't wait.

I might need to get a PS3 for this.
Atlanta Thrashers
Atlanta Falcons - Minnesota Vikings - New Orleans Saints
Old 09-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah I saw that after and now the whole thing about making spectacular crashes and how important it is makes sense, since it will be a console only game.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

I have a feeling we may be a bit more pleasantly surprised than we think.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Color me cautiosly optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
Rookie

seeuatthemovies's Arena

OVR: 7
I wasn't overly impressed by the trailer shown on this morning on Nascar Today, but I think there is promise here. As I stated in a previous post, I really want this to be good, but I know not to get my hopes up. I'm anxious to see game play footage in motion and not rendered fluff pieces because that's where we'll be able to make judgment on progress. I have a list of questions that I'd love to ask, but one of my main concerns out of the gate is, "Do I get to pit the car or are we looking at yet another game that runs on auto pilot when the car crosses the stripe at pit road?" There is no excuse for this generation of consoles to omit what is a critical element of the sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »