Home

Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
I just had a flashback of when I played NCAA 2005 I think. I think Chris Weinke or Danny War (whatever from Florida) was on the cover. Anyway I remember I had a Dynasty with LSU and a generated player from the recruiting section named "Mark Small " was a WR and Return person. This guy was something truly special folks. He won the Heisman one year for me with over 30 TD (10 KR, 5 PR and the rest as WR). I won a National Title thanks to him and out of all the years I played NCAA that was the moment I remembered most. Thinking back to NCAA 2K Basketball I ran a Dynasty with Appy State Mountaineers and was able to recruit a PF to my school name I can't recall but boy did he make my program solid. It was just another great experience for me with College Games and made me a total fan of the 2K Series.

I really wish that 2K gets the rights back after the NCAA screwed up a few yrs back. Looking at the levels of advancement for 2K11 and the hype machine behind it really has me day dreaming of a NCAA 2K12. The ability to create a college like NCAA Football and getting generated recruits with a deep
Dynasty. If I had to create historic teams I would with the ability to customize any and everything. Playing Jimmy Johnsons Hurricanes or "the express" Orangemen would be great. Or Jordans Tar Heels or Lou Alcindors Bruins.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Too bad video games are held back by politics, exclusives licenses, infringement rights, and corporate snobs that never play video games.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
maybe the ncaa learned that half of something is betterthan all of nothing.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah, I recently got a PS3 so I went and bought College Hoops 2K8. It's a great game. But to be honest, with so many college stars jumping out to go pro, who is left on the college scene? Realistically, I don't know anybody worth watching, I haven't heard any buzz about any player or team to watch. This is not a diss to college basketball but usually every year, we hear of all kinds of hype about who to watch and who has great potential to go pro. Then we have some great draft years, then College basketball gets boring for a while. Unfortunately, I believe 2010-11 will be one of those boring years.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization

Yes...would buy it. I have thought for years why hasn't 2k done this with their football program. However, EA, or any other the gaming companies would never do this because, like many have said, why buy next years game. If you could change rating, uniforms, etc, why would anyone want to....unless their was some vast improvements in overall game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #22
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization

well thats just it, if all they had to work on was gameplay animations, a.i., physics, then why couldnt there be vast improvements from year to year?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »