Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 World Premiere Trailer

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 World Premiere Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official NASCAR 11 Trailor

As for that being an unrealistic crash, ask Joey Logano.

Ok, that was a bit over the top.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill

And there you go for the people saying the crash didn't look realistic for Dover. As for the people complaining that the game looks to arcadey, you can't ask for a pure sim because that would take away a chunk of the potential audience. The game needs to have a good balance of arcade and sim so it appeals to all audiences. I prefer more of an arcade feel because I just want to sit down and play the game without having to worry things like tuning my car and whatnot that are inherent components of pure sim games.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill

That was a slow rollover. The game vid is flipping like he was driving 200+ mph.

I won't say anything more til the game drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Cars don't often flip like that on a short track. Talladega, maybe. Already has the appearance of an arcade racer, sorry to say.
Based on this post and others you've made, it appears you've already decided what type of game it will be.

It's a trailer, designed to do what trailers do, get peoples attention. It's a trailer people...a trailer. It's a little too early to start nitpicking things out of that, especially given its purpose.

I would encourage everyone to go their website and read some of the developer interviews and journal/diary entries instead of cherry-picking specific comments. From what I've read (both from those and the dev forum posts--of which they actively respond to comments and questions), it appears they are shooting to make it a game that will be as sim or casual as you want it to be via the various options they'll provide.

Now how sim is sim when set to full sim? Remains to be seen, but I don't think we've seen or heard enough yet to know for sure.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
Rookie

hi-teck's Arena

OVR: 2

I think that is just the teaser trailer for the game, and I believe they just showed the crash to build excitement of the crash sequences and graphics. Yes, accidents like that don't really happen at Dover, but everything I read about this game from the developers is that the focus is on realism, so I would have thought the trailer would have focused more on the pit stops and end race finishes, but maybe that will be in a later trailer. I am excited to see this game though, since I believe GT5's NASCAR is just for fun and not too much of a a real NASCAR simulator (no pit strategy, driver personalities, etc. that are promised for this game).
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Based on this post and others you've made, it appears you've already decided what type of game it will be.

It's a trailer, designed to do what trailers do, get peoples attention. It's a trailer people...a trailer. It's a little too early to start nitpicking things out of that, especially given its purpose.

I would encourage everyone to go their website and read some of the developer interviews and journal/diary entries instead of cherry-picking specific comments. From what I've read (both from those and the dev forum posts--of which they actively respond to comments and questions), it appears they are shooting to make it a game that will be as sim or casual as you want it to be via the various options they'll provide.

Now how sim is sim when set to full sim? Remains to be seen, but I don't think we've seen or heard enough yet to know for sure.

No, I haven't.

I will say, based on what I've read, the new F1 is pretty close to sim with all assists turned off. Perhaps this game will do that to.

Like I said, I'll hold my final judgement till the game drops. Maybe it's what most are saying----it was a demonstration of the damage model, which doesn't mean we'll see spectacular crashes like that at short tracks all the time..
Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I agree with Sega and I posted this somewhere else on here. I sure hope they do not turn this into a game with cars flying through the air and flipping 17 times at short tracks (EA). Once a season at Dega or Daytona I am ok with.

I also hope they have a good replay system.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 33
Great looking trailer. Obvious question is how representative of the actual game is it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »