Home

2K Sports Has Already Approached NFL About NFL 2K13 Licensing Deal

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Has Already Approached NFL About NFL 2K13 Licensing Deal within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #17
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2k wants NFL License

Im a huge 2k supporter, with that being said do not take away the license from EA or make it exclusive, let 2k and EA go at it, only then we will see the potential of videogame football realized.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
Rookie

First NBA 2K11 release, then this?? Great day. Although I have always prefered Madden, they have really really lost me this year. I don't want an exclusive license period, but EA had their shot. At the same time, EA CAN'T lose Madden, so i hope an exclusive license between EA and 2K are in the works.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I really hope that 2K11 will out sell Madden 11. That is the only chance that the NFL will listen.

They will listen to whoever has the most money.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #21
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

This needs to happen asap.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #22
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I hope they get an answer soon so they could have two cycles for 2k13.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #23
Banned

The article doesn't say anything about an exclusive Licensing deal. It simply states that 2k approached the NFL regarding licensing. EA has paid a lot for the exclusive deal. As a result of the ruling with American Needle, the NFL may not be willing, or able, to grant exclusive licenses; however, they probably want to get the same amount of money, but from 2k and EA, so maybe 2k is anticipating that the license may be very expensive. I'm no expert on EA's and 2k's finances, but would 2k even have a realistic shot at out-bidding EA for the exclusive license ? I mean EA, at one point, owned exclusive licenses to the NCAA, AFL, ESPN and the NFL. If the exclusive license was up for bid again, I'd bet on EA winning that bid, again.

Also, until the case with American Needle is actually over, we won't know what the talks between 2k and the NFLPA are about. We don't know how the licensing will work. Will 2k have to talk to all thirty two franchises ? The NFL is now considered( by the Supreme Court) to be 32 separate entities; Will the NFL and NFLPA just issue a blanket license ? They're legal if they're not exclusive.

There are a lot of things we don't know. I, like a lot of posters in the thread, am against the NFL issuing an exclusive license to either publisher. If 2k gets an exclusive deal, who's to say that we won't get more of the same crap since there's no competition ?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Lets pray that happens, the NFL got too see the potential of 2k sports in making a video game for them. I know its been some years for 2k football, but madden hasnt been exactly a good representation of the sport. If 2k can show them the quality of the NBA series and what they want too implement, the NFL should at least have EA and 2k involved. I dont want anyone with the exclusive license, so let the better company make the better product and let the customers decide.
The NFL doesn't give a crap about the quality of video games! After Madden 06, 07 and 08, after all of the glitches that made the game unplayable, after all the patches, the NFL still renewed the deal. All they care about it revenue, period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »