Home

NBA 2K11 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Nicely written review for the most part. I have to wonder given all 2K did, and how they've changed the dynamic for ALL sports games going forward - what would they have to do to warrant a 9.5? Chances are we'll never see this type of effort again, this unique a circumstance with Jordan. And I wonder if it's worth it, if in the end their graded no differently than Tiburon's Madden 11 effort. It's like NBA2K is never judged for everywhere it goes beyond what other sports games are attempting to do. I can see quibbling about a gameplay quirk here, or someone's face not being "perfect" there. But I'd think the areas where they go above and beyond what other developers do (additional gameplay options, customization, player characterization/personality, presentation, etc.) would help overcome some of those things. Personally I think this will be the game other developer efforts will be compared to going forward - and rightfully so. And it should be appropriately recognized/rewarded
absolutely agree!!! It demands a 9,5 at least....

But nice read anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #26
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
It's ridiculous actually. The more i think about it i don't know what will ever please anyone anymore...
Old 10-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
BlackRome is just an Elite fanboy whose still bum-hurt from it getting the axe. You can admit this game is great, it's okay
I have to agree with the lack of control on BlackRome's part. Still a big issue in this game. I don't know how people say this game controls much smoother. It's just as wonky as ever, control wise. 2K needs to overhaul the controls and player controlled movement or find a way to fit in people who prefer better controls ala Live 10/Elite 11.Everything else is just fine, to me.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #28
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K11 Review

Good review, too much Jordan talk, but overall it's a good review and good rating. Can't see myself giving it a ten, it's not perfect because it has too many bugs.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
If You play with the drive camera CHERRY PICKING is UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! online & offline it doesnt matter, 2k PLEASE read this and make a patch and have the cherry picking like last year where you would throw it out of Bounds because it is unstoppable someone used kobe bryant and played zero defense with him after I would shoot he would grab the rebound and bomb it down court he finished the game with 3 turnovers and 58 points on fast break all off of cherry picking I dont quit online so I had to suffer the whole game. If 2k makes a patch for this and some other minor problems such as maybe toning down the verticals of the big man this will no doubt get game of the year!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #30
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
On the 360 it was to easy to score in the paint. The PS3 version played a much better game of basketball than the 360.
How can those two versions differ in gameplay ? Its the same game ported to two different plattforms.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1
Really hope 2k patch in some better camera angles in My Player pick-up mode becuz that "broadcast dynamic" angle is garbage (2k10s was way better) and some more courts would be great, not feeling that night court which is the only court available in My Player pick-up mode!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1
Great review. I will admit I am disappointed in the changes made to NBA Blacktop. I like to kill time by playing the Slam Dunk or 3-Point contest and the changes made were disappointing. If anything they should have left it as is. Playing against Lebron with MJ in a dunk contest via Split Screen is horrible. Not to mention...am playing the CPU split screen period. Also, 3-Point contests you can't skip the CPU to get to your player. You have to sit there and watch the whole thing. This is just a gripe but one worth mentioning.

Also, NBA 2K11 is Move compatible and I have not seen any feedback on those controls. I hope you guys will post something in regards to that in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »