Home

EA Sports MMA Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: ******EA MMA OFFICIAL Impressions (360 & PS3)******

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Any single player impressions? I know a lot of you primarily play online, but I usually end up playing more offline....

I know with the UFC game this year everyone was wowed and then the issues started popping up...just waiting for the same thing to happen here lol
Offline seems pretty clinch happy to me. They try and clinch up almost immediately and come back to it quite often no matter who the fighters seem to be.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #18

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Any single player impressions? I know a lot of you primarily play online, but I usually end up playing more offline....

I know with the UFC game this year everyone was wowed and then the issues started popping up...just waiting for the same thing to happen here lol
I haven't touched career mode yet. I did put in a few fight now fights. I feel the general game of MMA is well represented but some of the things that surround it are rough (commentary, intros etc.) But, those things aren't essential. I'll be sure to add some impressions when I get in more matches.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Offline seems pretty clinch happy to me. They try and clinch up almost immediately and come back to it quite often no matter who the fighters seem to be.
Depends on who you are fighting. In my career you can "scout" the fighter before. They all have different fight styles. I have fought guys who do nothing but kicks, guys who like to stand and bang, guys who love to clinch, and then the guys who go for take down after take down.

The important thing to note is if you are ALLOWING him to get the clinch. Then yes they will continue to try for it. But if you throw off a couple of their attempts you will see them starting to throw the hands more.

I saw this issue in the demo much more. In the retail I am not seeing it to often. They all seem to have a gameplan from my findings.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #20
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
With the photo game face and how easy it is to use. There is going to be a bunch of created UFC guys.
How does gameface compare to FNR4's version? I thought FNR4's gameface was atrocious.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
How does gameface compare to FNR4's version? I thought FNR4's gameface was atrocious.
This is the first time I tried it. Wish I could help Meth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #22

OVR: 34

I'm 1-4 in online fights. I won my first easily in the first round and now I keep getting TKO'd. Defense is tough when you get a guy that counters you and stuns you.

I can see how this game will own my gaming time. It's a fun pick up and play type thing for online and being able to see my fights in replay does help. Basically, I suck.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

Is there a deeper tutorial in game compared to the demo? Also, does the training actually help you learn the controls better as you go through your career?
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Depends on who you are fighting. In my career you can "scout" the fighter before. They all have different fight styles. I have fought guys who do nothing but kicks, guys who like to stand and bang, guys who love to clinch, and then the guys who go for take down after take down.

The important thing to note is if you are ALLOWING him to get the clinch. Then yes they will continue to try for it. But if you throw off a couple of their attempts you will see them starting to throw the hands more.

I saw this issue in the demo much more. In the retail I am not seeing it to often. They all seem to have a gameplan from my findings.
Scouting???
(Says little prayer that EA adds this for FN Champion!)

P.S. Have fun with that community event Phobia.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »