Home

No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

This is a discussion on No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon13 No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

Looking for info on a second patch for Backbreaker? Well, look no more. Todd just confirmed there are no plans for it.

Quote:
"Hi Guys,

Many of you have been asking about the possibility of another patch post Greathouse.

Greathouse added many features to the game and we really appreciate your feedback and input into it. It was a huge undertaking and we are proud of what was achieved by the team.

But, at this time we are not planning to release a further patch to Backbreaker 1. The Backbreaker team are currently pushing forwards on their next projects, which we are very excited about – news on this to follow soon!

Once again, thanks to all the fans for your support. Please continue to discuss and debate Backbreaker 1 with me on the forum.

Todd."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No Patch #2

Out of curiosity, what does this do for your faith in Natural Motion to support games in the future? Would you buy a Backbreaker 2?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
Out of curiosity, what does this do for your faith in Natural Motion to support games in the future? Would you buy a Backbreaker 2?
I would. The Greathouse patch was a overwhelming surprise to me. Most developers release a patch post release that is just bare bones. Great house was the full skeletal system. There were obviously still a lot lacking, but it has the best potential future of any sports game

In a perfect world NM will league with 2K Sports. This would be an unstoppable juggernaut. Physics from NM, Gameplay and Presentation from 2K. Maybe it isn't possible on this current crop of consoles. But wouldn't it be nice on the PS4 and XBOX 720.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
For me, this is an easy question. I enjoyed the Greathouse patch and what it did for Backbreaker. Also, thanks to current exclusive licenses and the lack football games because of it, I feel obligated to support any new football game that's being developed.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11
I will definitely support this game and NM. It has the potential and ground set to be what a football game is supposed to be. The problem IMO is they need to realize that no matter what people what to play with the NFL and it needs to look that way as well. It can't look futuristic and not have customization and succeed. It also needs more camera options so that gamers can relate to what they are used to and enjoy the game however they prefer.

I would love to see 2k's comeback be part of BB2. That would be absolutely insane just as long as we can continue to create the NFL teams like in BB1 and we are set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

this most likely had to do with the Publisher and Money. From reading various responses, NM gave a very good indication that wanted to release another patch...but it goes back to money.

I'll just say I think the team and the publisher learned alot from this experience.....hopefully before the next version releases, they allow us gamers to test the overall product with a public Beta.....from presentation, atmosphere, gameplay....and mainly, the little things that they may over look.

either way, I'm personally satisfied with their first game....and I'm looking very much to their next version, if there is one. They have a good foundation, and just need to add stuff....more so than trying to fix stuff, that is "broken".
Old 10-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

I'm not making any excuses for NM, they've got a long way to go to try and get me to buy one of their products day 1 again, if at all. People cite money and time as reasons Backbreaker was half baked, then they develop a massive patch that breaks as much as it fixes. The game was never a very good football game with so many fundamental things wrong with it due to physics oddities. It would have been able to claim success if it had just tried to be a new kind of blitz game, speed up the players and watch them explode on each other with massive tackles... the physics problems and shallow game modes that demolished their chance at any kind of sim categorization wouldn't have been a detriment to the game then. Instead they tried to cater to everyone and never were really won over anyone but the customization-happy guys, and Greathouse even managed to mess up what that group of gamers were doing too.

No idea why Tackle Alley isnt on PSN and XBL for $10, Backbreaker is awful and I'd buy an XBLA TA in a heartbeat to compete with friends for scores. They could make a living with games like that for various sports.

I give all games a chance, but stuff like finally revealing the 'franchise' modes just a couple days before release isn't going to fly for any followup. They also need to change the name to Natural Motion Football or something.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I like this game, and I would buy BB2, they are developing Hockey now. I hope they develop all sports games, Basketball too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »