Home

EA Sports MMA Review

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Review within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports MMA Review

My shins sore and calves tired, we began sparring -- practicing the technique from the lesson of the night. Putting any apprehensiveness to rest, I took a combo to the face that smashed my cheek off my black rubber mouth guard. Whoa. With that out of the way, I’m ready to continue my studies in Muay Thai with a new-found confidence. I flashed a smile for a second, shook my head and went back at it.

Journeying into the world of MMA has provided me with an inside perspective to review the new EA Sports MMA title from EA Tiburon. And while we both may be new to the sport, we have something in common: fundamentals.

EA Tiburon firmly grasps mixed martial arts, and the developers have created their own interpretation of the sport, which in this case is a technically sound fighter with innovative gameplay design. This is a representation of MMA at its finest.

Read More - EA Sports MMA Review

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
My four blog entries into the world of Muay Thai: http://www.operationsports.com/SBartlett/blog/
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
this game is so awesome, i find myself wanting to trade in ufc10 now, because the fighter-engine is superior and amazing, im totally addicted, and the fightershare is awesome
Old 10-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 17
Nice in depth review. I rate this game the same 8/10. Very strong title for a first effort. One of my main gripes is collision detection(wish this game had glancing blows like FN4).

A couple of other minor gripes are when put in a triangle the submitter seemingly locks it in before the "battle" starts. I would like it better if while during the sweet spot battle he was graphically trying to get it locked in, kinda like they do for the rear naked choke, then if the submitter wins the hold gets locked in for the tap. Minor gripe.

Also when locking in the head and arm choke, you should switch from full mount to side. Again minor gripe.

I am having alot of fun with this game though. You have to approach it like a chess match, and I like how fights can actually go the distance between equally skilled opponents. I feel the chances of being knocked out/submitted/taken to a decision are very realistic and depend on the fighters strengths and weaknesses more so than any other MMA game out.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #5

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports MMA Review

This is a fair review. The game does enough to merit an 8 but has a few issues that keep it there. For a first time effort though, I'd say EA did great. I still say other sports game should take note of how well online is done in EA MMA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
so much easier than ufc...i just like the roster for ufc a lil better though.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 17
Yea, I like the UFC's roster better, but since the game plays like crap it renders the roster useless.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Yea, I like the UFC's roster better, but since the game plays like crap it renders the roster useless.
my point exactly
thats why the online fighter-share feature is so freaking awesome
i have been playing with 'created' Brock Lesnar, Cain Velaquez, Royce Gracie, Ortiz, Liddell, and on and on
so im very happy, just need to improve on a 2-17 record....lol

**good review - i give it a 9/10, and would be 10 if cpu vs. cpu was available**

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »