Home

NHL 11 Rosters Arrive Tuesday, November 2nd

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Rosters Arrive Tuesday, November 2nd within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:49 AM   #25
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 11 Rosters Arrive Tuesday, November 2nd

"I can wait until Tuesday, but if they finally give a date, they damn sure better make sure they can deliver. And next year, at LEAST make sure that you get the NHL roster out as soon as you can."

They did have updates online that could be saved for offline play as well you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: EA roster coming out... NOV 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that they HAD to wait until now to release it. With the time teams have to move players around then those players to join the appropriate unions (if they haven't already), around a few days from now would be when an official "start-of-season" roster should be available. EA had to wait until all moves would be finalized, 10-or-so games into each NHL team's season, whether or not they have been working on them before now, whether or not they had prepared anything in advance (and if they had, they would have plenty of preparations to undo, I'm sure).
There is a problem with the EA rosters where players that are eligible to return to juniors are not able to during BaGM. A player may play up to 9 games before the team has to make a decision if they are going to send a player back to juniors or if he will stay with the team the rest of the year. I imagine that is why EA had to wait this long for the roster update as Taylor Hall just played his 9th game and Nino Neiderietter was just sent back to juniors. Since there has only been one case (Luca Sbisa) where a junior player was actually sent to juniors after playing more than 9 games, I am sure they wanted to be able to make all rosters as accurate as possible. After playing their 10th game a rookie becomes part of the union officially because they are now using a year of their contract.

My only issue is that EA should have said they were waiting for this date and everyone would not have been freaking out about all of the "false" dates. As fot the roster sharing, I do not think that EA even realized what it was doing when it changed the save games. And I don't think they have gotten into the whole roster sharing programming yet, but I may be wrong as I only play NHL. I just chalk that up to a bad programming mistake and everyone is allowed a mistake once in a while.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #27
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

If I'm not mistaken NCAA Football has the roster share feature. It's the ony one though.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
If I'm not mistaken NCAA Football has the roster share feature. It's the ony one though.
...because the moment they take that away it will be the death blow to that game. nobody wants to play a game in which qb8 throws it to wr80.

and for the time it takes to update them people will decide it's not worth it.

i wish these game programmers understood how important roster sharing is. there are people who would probably purchase the game that might otherwise wouldn't. i'm not a ps3 guys, but i can fully understand how someone who was hoping to use matt's rosters would be very upset. the problem is once you've bought the game you've already put money in EA's pocket...
Old 10-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by casbruce
Saying it will be out November 2nd is the first date they've given. So they have not missed it. Giving a general statement about it being out in a couple of weeks is not a deadline. I've never been in any situation where saying "it'll be done in a couple of weeks" is considered a deadline. Deadlines are exact dates/times. If you've ever given your project team an actual deadline of "in the next couple of weeks" than you have a very fortunate, lucky project team.

And why is it ludicrous to defend EA on something? I'm sick of this attitude that you have to criticize the gaming companies for everything otherwise you're just a stupid fanboy who doesn't know any better.
Exactly. I, for one, would much rather wait an extra couple of weeks for the final roster moves to be made (guys sent back to juniors, etc.) and get a much more accurate set of rosters rather than have an almost useless roster update rushed out just to placate the impatient masses.

I have no problem calling a gaming company out when I feel that they're in the wrong, but in this instance, EA does not deserve all of the bashing it has received.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
There is a problem with the EA rosters where players that are eligible to return to juniors are not able to during BaGM. A player may play up to 9 games before the team has to make a decision if they are going to send a player back to juniors or if he will stay with the team the rest of the year. I imagine that is why EA had to wait this long for the roster update as Taylor Hall just played his 9th game and Nino Neiderietter was just sent back to juniors. Since there has only been one case (Luca Sbisa) where a junior player was actually sent to juniors after playing more than 9 games, I am sure they wanted to be able to make all rosters as accurate as possible. After playing their 10th game a rookie becomes part of the union officially because they are now using a year of their contract.

My only issue is that EA should have said they were waiting for this date and everyone would not have been freaking out about all of the "false" dates. As fot the roster sharing, I do not think that EA even realized what it was doing when it changed the save games. And I don't think they have gotten into the whole roster sharing programming yet, but I may be wrong as I only play NHL. I just chalk that up to a bad programming mistake and everyone is allowed a mistake once in a while.
Players under 20 years old can be sent to junior at any point. The 10 games only represents the start of their contract. If players are sent back prior to that the team does not lose a year on the contract or a year towards unrestricted free agency.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #31
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelios7
if they finally give a date, they damn sure better make sure they can deliver. And next year, at LEAST make sure that you get the NHL roster out as soon as you can.
Or else what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #32
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Or else what?
I didnt make any kind of threat.

It does seem that NHL is now the only sports game I can remember in recent years to not have an up to date roster within the first 3 weeks of the start of the season.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »