Home

Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: FN: Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Great stuff Phobia
Thanks Juke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Hmm, another EA community day ehh....please excuse my lack of excitement....its probably just because Ive been so jaded by how Madden has handled these where it really is like they don't listen to anyones feedback.....

I know thats not fair to Brizzo and Mike because I do sense a deeper connection between them and the sport their working with then the Madden/NCAA guys have with theirs

Im pretty much in the "Put up or shut up" after FNR4......and Im not questioning they're talent so much as Im questioning their goal with the game..........

Is it more about catering to everybody and focusing on the "Rocky Moments".ie Exaggerations of the sport with instant gratification??.........

or is it more about making people do the tough, usually unflashy, work it takes to be a consistent winner in the sport of boxing???

It all falls from that choice by them
Spartan, without going into any illegal detail. Remain optimistic, I came away very impressed. Considering it is a sport game, they are doing somethings that are truly one of a kind.

Oh and Mike and Brizzo are two great people.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

I have very little faith in EA at this point. Why can't they give us a Simulation setting and then for those that want it an Arcade setting. or anything in between. It isn't that hard to do man.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I have very little faith in EA at this point. Why can't they give us a Simulation setting and then for those that want it an Arcade setting. or anything in between. It isn't that hard to do man.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #12
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Im not so sure it is that easy.....Doing a true sim takes a lot of ingredients to pull off....which are usually expensive and hard to market to casuals......which isn't appealing to suits who would rather have the least work/$$ spent possible.....so they're bottom line looks good

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Im not so sure it is that easy.....Doing a true sim takes a lot of ingredients to pull off....which are usually expensive and hard to market to casuals......which isn't appealing to suits who would rather have the least work/$$ spent possible.....so they're bottom line looks good
Man, you have to love your passion! You roll like I roll.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Well if you are unaware with how the community day events work let me explain.

We the community day guys are tied to a embargo. Meaning we can't talk about parts of the game until we are "allowed" to. If we talk about or share information before hand then we can be sued by EA. Marketing the game before there in house marketing guys do it is not fair to the company.

The goal here is that community day is basically the kick off to information on the product. So while you might not jumped into this thread and instantly know everything about the game that is because we are not the marketing team at EA. We are simply guys that got picked to check out the game. So we are limited to what we can share to the public until they allow us.

Now with that said, we will be one of the first to share the information once allowed to do so. Meaning that big box reviewers such as IGN will have a very limited knowledge of the game compared to the guys like us who spent literally 14-to-16 hours a day on it going through literally every part of the game.

Basically this is the kick off. I did not in any way shape or form have to post this. I did because I wanted to share it with a community I have been apart of for close to 10 years now. We are a big group of friends here and just as much fun i had there I want to share it with the guys I know here.

So to get better information that pertains to the game. Keep checking back over the coming weeks/months and you will see a steady flow of information coming out.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm familar with embargo's and so forth. I wasn't expecting a treasure trove of info or anything...was just hoping for some insight.

Do you have certain dates outlined where you can reveal information or does EA give you a go-ahead at the appropriate times?

Thanks again.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Thanks for the clarification. I'm familar with embargo's and so forth. I wasn't expecting a treasure trove of info or anything...was just hoping for some insight.

Do you have certain dates outlined where you can reveal information or does EA give you a go-ahead at the appropriate times?

Thanks again.
They send us e-mails letting us know when and what info can be revealed. There is no time line we are given. So as soon as I know, trust me the community will know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

You are making wild assumptions based on limited knowledge, as Phobia said...please try to be optimistic. As one of the biggest critics of the franchise, and an advocate for realism, I left community day very impressed. Much like Phobia, I graciously await the opportunity to share more specific details of what EA has to offer and the direction they are headed.

I will be posting my own blog, explaining these things in a few minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »