Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K11 in 3D For PS3, Exclusively at Best Buy on November 16th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K11 in 3D For PS3, Exclusively at Best Buy on November 16th within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K11 to be Available in 3D on PS3 System, January Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Has anyone here ever seen a 3D HDTV? I haven't seen on display yet. If anyone knows a place that has them displayed in NY it would nice.
best buy 42nd street and the one on 14street unin squre that one is open 24 hrs
Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K11 in 3D For PS3, Exclusively at Best Buy on November 1

Glitched high socks and high layups in 3D, awesome!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K11 in 3D For PS3, Exclusively at Best Buy on November 1

Thanks guy!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5
I am very fortunate to have a 63 inch Samsung 3D TV and it is pretty amazing what the picture looks like in 3D. There is not a lot of programs and movies in 3D right now but it’s getting better. ESPN is now broadcasting their college football “game of the week” in 3D and Comcast has about 25 free movies and shows in their ON Demand section in 3D.
The reason why the NBA 2K11 3D is on the PS3 and not the Xbox 360 is because the PS3 has a Blu-Ray player built into the unit which now has 3D capability after the last firmware update. The Xbox 360 doesn’t support Blu-Ray technology yet.
The 3D experience is nice but I do admit it is pretty expensive to purchase the 3D TV and special glasses ($150.00 per pair). At least if you have a PS3 you won’t need to purchase the Blu-Ray player because it is built into the PS3.
I’ll check out the event on November 16th to see if I will buy NBA2k11 for the PS3. Right now I’m playing it on my XBOX 360 and loving it!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
So am I reading this right? If I already own the PS3 version and want 3D I have to wait until January for a patch or have to buy it AGAIN on the 18th? Thanks for the shaft 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmrfrosty7
So am I reading this right? If I already own the PS3 version and want 3D I have to wait until January for a patch or have to buy it AGAIN on the 18th? Thanks for the shaft 2K.
PS3 users get the shaft because they're getting an extra feature, but have to either shell out some more money or wait a couple of months? I don't get it.

It's just common-sense marketing. You can't put out a new product and a free upgrade at the same time. That would really reduce profit, and make the whole endeavor a massive loss.

Besides, if you've got enough money to get a 3DTV, you're not getting any sympathy for having to either buy the new version or wait a couple of months.

EDIT: I realize you're saying specifically "PS3 users who already have the game", but still... It's an extra feature, and it wouldn't be financially viable to put out a free patch at the same time as the new version of the game. People who have disposable income and are impatient won't think twice before shelling out $60 to play the game in 3D. This is America, after all.

Last edited by LHead2; 11-02-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
3D HD'S ARE REALLY NOT THAT MUCH..... WELL I CAN SAY THAT BECAUSE I LIVE ON BASE; IF YOUR IN THE MILITARY ITS REALLY NOT THAT MUCH FOR US BECAUSE NO TAXES AND THEY SELL AT THE LOWEST PRICE
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
the cheapest 3d tv is around $1,000. Most are between $1,600-2,500. So yeah, thats a lot of dough. Add to that $150 per extra pair of glasses you need to buy. I think you get 2 pairs with a tv and then have to buy extra so if you have more than 2 people watching the tv then you need more glasses otherwise which can get costly. In about 2 years when the price is reasonable maybe i'll have one, at least i hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »