Home

NHL 11 Patch Coming November 9th (for PS3, 360 Delayed by MS)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Patch Coming November 9th (for PS3, 360 Delayed by MS) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Would like to see:

-- custom camera save properly online

-- backskate off save properly online

-- fix the glitch that lets people assign +5 boosts multiple times
Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #18
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NHL 11 Patch Coming November 9th

Hey QB, the one thing I am concerned about is the Overtime point bug. Basically every ot loss in season or be a gm DOES NOT count as 1 point..

I really hope this is fixed because I like to play with the real NHL rules

Some things that I am excited about are:

- (Favorite) My History teacher is hot and I have class in two hours

- Auto-backskate off/on for online will be fixed

- 1500 XP progression bug fixed

- (My 2nd favorite) In OTP/EASHL, since NHL 09, when a player quits/disconnects, a computer replacement would take over and retain the old humans attributes. For example, if I quit, the computer will keep playing as me with an 85 overall. This is hardly fair and what usually ends up happening is that people quit after 1-2 goals and then you are left with facing super juiced computers.

The great things is that finally after 3 years, this will be fixed! Now when someone quits, a base computer will take over!

- Since the auto-backskate will be fixed, EA is probably going to revert back to the way it was before they slowed down the puck carriers speed and increased the puck pursuers speed. The reason they did this (I forget which tuner) is because of the fact that auto-backskate was broken. This was a band-aid solution until this patch of course. The Negative that resulted from this was that it brought the diving pokecheck back and made it harder to breakaway from the computer..

I suspect that after this patch, the diving pokecheck will be less effective, you will be able to have more seperation from the computer and you will be punished for your mistakes. This is more of how it should be. Too many times I have seen the computer D bail out a team because they could unrealistically catch of to a guy..

Last edited by HawkeyMediaPlus; 11-03-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodat71
If I am currently in the middle of BEAGM will have to start a new one for the patch to affect it?
Yes, as well as any roster updates.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
Pro

Double-J's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodat71
If I am currently in the middle of BEAGM will have to start a new one for the patch to affect it?
Same, I'm about to start a season but don't want to if the patch will make changes that would require me to start over...
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #21
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

I find it very disrespectful that someone rated this thread 1 star!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

A big thing for the patch i hope is fixing the bug in the WHL with Sasktoon as well as other teams, being able to trade and it not being so hard to trade if that as well as FA singing with CHL teams... I could understand if they were <-20 but NHL players signing with CHL teams come on...
Old 11-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

Looking forward to the Blog to see what it address'. Gonna put it away for a bit til the patch hits. The Issues in BeGM are kinda killing it for me.

Dont play sports games online so that patch stuff doesnt concern me.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Doesn't mean they can't adjust it to make it look more realistic and like a real broadcast. All they need to do is lower the camera and zoom it out quite a bit. It will then look something like the 2k broadcast camera, which is very nice! I would love to see what how authentic this game could look like with the proper broadcast angle.
I would like to believe you but that's wishful thinking. There's no way to edit a cam via patch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »