Home

UFC Undisputed "Future" Survey #1 - Submission System

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed "Future" Survey #1 - Submission System within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCTD3
I responded and hope that they take what was submitted seriously. If they don't then it is on them that they have a crappy game with awful sales. The thing that blows my mind about the submission system is that Damian Maia can't submit Drew McFedries in the first round. If you are trying to make an accurate dipiction than Maia would be absolutely unbelievable on the ground and McFedries would suck.
I always hated that too. Maia should have a huge advantage in that situation and he doesn't. I hate that you have to wear a guy down just to do a submission too. I know not everyone likes sliders but if they're going to stick with the shine perhaps a shine sensitivity slider for offline games to effect how perfect your shine has to be to be successful.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: UFC Undisputed "Future" Survey #1 - Submission System

I went through the survey and I have little hope it'll be changed. The way they worded things and kept asking if it was easy to use and how it responded to controls made me think they're looking to say: "See! People like it! It responds well to their input and it's easy to use!".
Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25

Took the survey. I think 'Shining", was/Is one of the WORST gaming mechanics ever introduced in a video game in the last 15 years or so. They need to get rid of it and find something better. A blend of EA MMA and their ideas would be a good start.

Flash KOs and the ENTIRE ground game needs an overhaul as well. Interested to see how some of this turns out over the next 6-7 months. But UFC10 really turned me off to THQ and the series to be honest. I feel it will degrade into an even more ARCADE beat em up.

Hope it doesnt....UFC09 was a great base to build upon. To bad they went several steps back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
The thing that blows my mind about the submission system is that Damian Maia can't submit Drew McFedries in the first round.

That was also one of my biggest gripes about the UFC game, other then the shine and legs kicks don't matter. To me they completely neutered the BJJ and judo guys. No way should a black belt struggle to submitt a person with poor submission skills.

Their ratings really didn't matter at all. You could take somebody with 93 sub offense vs a guy with 33 sub defense and you still would struggle to make them submit. It made no sense at all.

But usually in business, companies tend to borrow their competitors ideas and make it their own. So I hope they play the hell out of EA MMA and borrow some ideas.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9
If they insist on keeping the shine, they better tie it into the ratings better. If I'm in a Maia/McFedries ground scenario I shouldn't need a ton of perfect spins to submit him. Same goes for anything else that required the shine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

Personally, and maybe it's just me, I'd like to see them animate in poor posture and limb positioning. Basically, instead of clicking to initiate a submission every time, I'd like to see it where fighters have ratings in defense against every submission type, and that in turn lends to how the fighter will animate in that position.

For example - a guy with poor triangle or arm bar defense from inside the guard is going to posture poorly here and there, cross an arm past the center line of their opponent, stick one arm under their opponent's leg without the other one, etc - leading to submission chances. Then it's up to the player to take advantage of that.

For instance, with Sonnen in guard, he should be leaving that arm there a little more than normal, and the player should be able to watch for that and with timing depending on their offensive rating, attempt a submission.

GSP, on the other hand, should be near impossible to attempt an armbar from guard on. He knows his posturing and he keeps his arms in good position. You shouldn't even really be able to attempt it.

Now in the case of forcing your opponent into bad position, that should also rely on that rating. A guy like GSP isn't going to lose wrist control and be caught. A guy like Sonnen obviously is - as we saw with Silva. It should be harder to force it, though, so that you can't just do it over and over. Kind of like how EA does it where the player can deny the attempt.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Note: I voted to get rid of shine system

It is my opinion subs should be a two part process

1.Initiation process:The act of applying the sub
2.The actual sub:The act of bending the limb or choking person

EA game does it better but for the most part it still one button press and you have person in a sub.What i am suggesting

1.One button press initiates process(the struggle system like a EA)
2.If you lock in the sub then you have to shine or button mash to finish.

That is what is wrong with game in my opinion.Elite BJJ guy will lock the sub in most cases.If Maia gets your back in most case he will put on the sub and finish.Subs need to be a clear part two process because it will also create a realistic sub defense process for example you will never be able to armbar a Royce Gracie or put Big Nog in rear naked choke because recognize the position and set up and will never let themselves get put in that position.So every sub has two chances of escaping Initiation process and in the sub process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

basically for everything where we could put in our feedback i talked about how bad the shine was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »