Home

Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

Gamesradar has posted their Fight Night Champion preview.

Quote:
"Stopping a rival boxer from punching you into two weeks on Tuesday in previous Fight Nights was a tad cheap. You could basically just hold down the block button with a bit of stick shimmying and suck up most of their punches like a six pack-sporting sponge. But that’s all changed. Champion encourages you to parry blows precisely with its Reflexive Blocking System. If you tap the right trigger and judge the right direction a punch is going to hit you from, you’ll automatically knock your opponent's glove away, letting you move in for a counter punch.

Leaning has also been changed. Where before you could just rotate the stick to make your boxer lean in and out of shots, now you hold the modifier down and simply flick the stick to start moving about like the world’s most punchy mambo dancer."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3
Good read!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
i dont wanna sound negative, but this is a very similiar thing they were praising about FN4 when the initial early reviews started rolling out and we all know what happens. I only hope that this time its the real deal, and i hope they can FINALLY implement an enjoyable CAF experience.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #4

OVR: 34
There are two pluses I gather form this article. First, the haymaker is gone. Thank goodness. Second, in between round activity seems to be taking a better approach. I like that your recovery is based on how you fight and not on assigning points as you wish.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

I'm a little concerned about the last portion of the article where they reference the 'Champions' mode.
It says it's story driven which makes me wonder if it's similar to Prizefighter's documentary style career mode.

I'll wait for Phobia and the rest to dish more on this.
But I really hope this isn't a linear career mode where you're forced to always fight injured in bout #11, or have to deal with the death of your trainer in your 2nd title defense.

A story mode would be great but just as long as it's your actions that weave the tale. I have no interest in playing along to a script that never bends or twists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm a little concerned about the last portion of the article where they reference the 'Champions' mode.
It says it's story driven which makes me wonder if it's similar to Prizefighter's documentary style career mode.

But I really hope this isn't a linear career mode where you're forced to always fight injured in bout #11, or have to deal with the death of your trainer in your 2nd title defense.

A story mode would be great but just as long as it's your actions that weave the tale. I have no interest in playing along to a script that never bends or twists.
I want to have multiple user controlled boxers in the same rankings. I want it wide open, if this goes down the Prizefighter patch, I'll be disappointed. I was one of the few who actually had fun with Prizefighter, but its replayability was very limited. And please get a real name database going with all the nicknames.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I want to have multiple user controlled boxers in the same rankings. I want it wide open, if this goes down the Prizefighter patch, I'll be disappointed. I was one of the few who actually had fun with Prizefighter, but its replayability was very limited. And please get a real name database going with all the nicknames.
Listen guys, as you can see higher up I commented on a few things this article does not correctly relay the message on. I e-mailed Alain asking if it was alright for me to clear up some of the issues the article will cause. He told me to remove my comments and they are asking for the article to be taken down.

I want to get into these things with you guys just trust me saying it is not as bad as the things this article seemed to screw up. I picked out like 3 things the article messes up relaying the correct message.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Listen guys, as you can see higher up I commented on a few things this article does not correctly relay the message on. I e-mailed Alain asking if it was alright for me to clear up some of the issues the article will cause. He told me to remove my comments and they are asking for the article to be taken down.

I want to get into these things with you guys just trust me saying it is not as bad as the things this article seemed to screw up. I picked out like 3 things the article messes up relaying the correct message.
Good to hear Phobia. I hope EA can clear some of this stuff up shortly as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »