Home

Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
i wanna belive so bad that EA is gonna come wit it but i jus refuse to be suckerd in like i was all the other games they made. i wanna see stunning graphics,great gameplay, sim gameplay that is,an a killeer roster that includes money may,zab,berto,diaz,all the new school cats. So i in my own opinion i wont trust ea until i see some actual gameplay. 80ties baby signing out....
Old 11-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i hope every fight isnt a bloody mess
Old 11-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i hope every fight isnt a bloody mess
I relayed this very concern to EA the moment they showed me the Pac screen shot with the blood dripping down his chest.

During our time at the studio it was not a issue, they also said much more tuning was going to take place so it won't become a blood battle every fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Fight Night Champion Preview: Going Back to Basics in Brutal Style (Gamesradar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I relayed this very concern to EA the moment they showed me the Pac screen shot with the blood dripping down his chest.

During our time at the studio it was not a issue, they also said much more tuning was going to take place so it won't become a blood battle every fight.
Thanks for the clarification. That's good news. I also hope that cuts have affect on the fighter that is cut. If it's a bad cut above the brow and is bleeding in his eye, I hope his accuracy and blocking ability takes a hit. Since the fighter would have trouble seeing his opponent and punches coming at him.

Last edited by Bronk_Bonin; 11-08-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
good to know because some guys, like Mayweather, never bruise or cut while others cut very easily. I hate seeing guys look like they got their face smashed with a bat every fight.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

My biggest complaint with this series has been it's lack of footwork/footspeed. While the game did a good job of showing hand speed difference it has routinely done a terrible job of showing footspeed and the ability of fast boxers to move in and out of range of their opponents. Even UFC 2009 does a better job of showing this with their inclusion of a speed modifier button allowing you to move a little faster than normal. Hopefully this has been rectified.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #15

OVR: 34

Yes, footwork was a glaring issue in FN4. I look back on it now and get frustrated thinking about how sluggish it was. It's entirely possible though to get it right. Just have a look at EA MMA and you can see how a system like that would work in FNC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

As far as gameplay, I hope to see a couple of things:

1. Different animations for punches for each fighter. Ali's jab should look a lot different than Foreman's.
2. Different ratings for each punch and hand on every fighter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »