Home

EA Sports MMA Patch Details

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Patch Details within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: EA Sports MMA Patch Details

there is a new exploit, some joker was foing it to me earlier, they alternate parries, and deny transitions at the same time i was even timing the transition on them parrying air and still getting denied, it was one of the ***est things ive seen in gaming.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I just had a guy chain 5-6 straight submissions and yet no matter how many times I hit A I couldnt block it with Souza (99 arm submission and 99 grapple D). Not liking that.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Like I said, I really like the way this game is set up, but the on-line part of the game is the worst ever. THQ is lucky this game hasn't sold well so far, but I believe after some tweaks, some word of mouth, and closer towards Christmas this game will take off. It is far and away a better fight engine and game then what THQ has to offer.

And to think I was one of this games biggest naysayer's before it launched. I also believe the Demo was terrible, but the final build is awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Like I said, I really like the way this game is set up, but the on-line part of the game is the worst ever. THQ is lucky this game hasn't sold well so far, but I believe after some tweaks, some word of mouth, and closer towards Christmas this game will take off. It is far and away a better fight engine and game then what THQ has to offer.

And to think I was one of this games biggest naysayer's before it launched. I also believe the Demo was terrible, but the final build is awesome.
The game wont take off. The word of mouth and reviews have been great and the game still hasnt sold. Maybe if EA dropped the price to 20 or 30 people would give it a shot but the failure of this game just shows the power of the UFC brand.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The game wont take off. The word of mouth and reviews have been great and the game still hasnt sold. Maybe if EA dropped the price to 20 or 30 people would give it a shot but the failure of this game just shows the power of the UFC brand.
No it just shows that releasing a game with a lack of advertising, against games like Fallout, The Sims, Fable 3 etc during he same week does.

UFC may have sold alot but at the same time they lost alot of future customers. I am one of those. The game had ALOT of returns on it along with it being traded it.

The little i was able to play EA MMA, it showed me its a good game & if EA keeps at it, will get better. Id have the game now if my funds werent tighter then a fly's butt hole.

Last edited by delspf; 11-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
No it just shows that releasing a game with a lack of advertising, against games like Fallout, The Sims, Fable 3 etc during he same week does.

UFC may have sold alot but at the same time they lost alot of future customers. I am one of those. The game had ALOT of returns on it along with it being traded it.

The little i was able to play EA MMA, it showed me its a good game & if EA keeps at it, will get better. Id have the game now if my funds werent tighter then a fly's butt hole.
Just stop it. One, the game had plenty of advertising. I actually heard that EA had already purchased a ton of advertising slots for NBA Elite and needed ads to fill those slots. Guess what game they chose...EA MMA. There were tons of ads shown for this game. I actually think Ive seen more EA MMA ads than NBA 2k11 ads.

Two, you will buy UFC 2012 if its a good game. So will everybody here. If its a good game and they fix the issues that are in 2010, everybody here bashing UFC 2010 will buy the new game. It will be a year and a half between MMA games and everybody here will be thirsty to play a new one.

Finally, I doubt there were a ton of returns for UFC 2010. I cant think of a major retailer that accepts returns for open games. Trade ins dont hurt THQ's bottom line because those people already purchased the game.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Just stop it. One, the game had plenty of advertising. I actually heard that EA had already purchased a ton of advertising slots for NBA Elite and needed ads to fill those slots. Guess what game they chose...EA MMA. There were tons of ads shown for this game. I actually think Ive seen more EA MMA ads than NBA 2k11 ads.

Two, you will buy UFC 2012 if its a good game. So will everybody here. If its a good game and they fix the issues that are in 2010, everybody here bashing UFC 2010 will buy the new game. It will be a year and a half between MMA games and everybody here will be thirsty to play a new one.

Finally, I doubt there were a ton of returns for UFC 2010. I cant think of a major retailer that accepts returns for open games. Trade ins dont hurt THQ's bottom line because those people already purchased the game.
I hardly seen any advertising on TV for the game outside of strikeforce shows...which have been far and few between.

No, I won't buy the next UFC. I was really hyped for the game but 2010 felt like i was punched in the face and robbed.

There were alot returns AND trade ins for the game. It got to the point where some stores were not accepting trade ins on 2010 because they got too many in.

I see you didnt bother to refute the fact they released the same week as those other titles.

Either way, I hope EA sticks with their MMA. I personally think it is a better game & after seeing how old & plain the wrestling games Yukes been behind the past few years, expect that with the UFC game...hope not because competition is great for quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
I hardly seen any advertising on TV for the game outside of strikeforce shows...which have been far and few between.

No, I won't buy the next UFC. I was really hyped for the game but 2010 felt like i was punched in the face and robbed.

There were alot returns AND trade ins for the game. It got to the point where some stores were not accepting trade ins on 2010 because they got too many in.

I see you didnt bother to refute the fact they released the same week as those other titles.

Either way, I hope EA sticks with their MMA. I personally think it is a better game & after seeing how old & plain the wrestling games Yukes been behind the past few years, expect that with the UFC game...hope not because competition is great for quality.
I'm watching the WEC show on Versus and lo and behold I just saw my 2nd EA MMA commercial of the night. I saw a ton during UFC 120 too.

You'll buy it if its good.

There were no returns. A return and a tradein are totally different. THQ/UFC dont lose money on tradeins so that really doesnt matter to them.

Fallout, the Sims and Fable arent exactly direct competition. I dont see a MMA fan deciding to not buy a MMA game because those games came out the same week. Even if that was the case, the game has been out for over a month. Word of mouth and Reviews should have sold this game in subsequent weeks but it hasnt because the UFC brand is the dominant brand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »