Home

Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas

EA Sports have just posted a new Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner blog, discussing Manny in Big D.

Quote:
"Only one man currently in professional sports can cause an entire country to come to a halt. That same man will halt Fight Night Champion’s Gameplay tuning and bug fixing for the night - That man is Manny Pacquiao!!

Dallas Cowboy Stadium hasn’t had much excitement these days but this Saturday will be an entirely different story. One of boxing’s (and sport’s) biggest icons steps back into the ring for what looks to be one of his toughest challenges yet."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas

Upon this destruction I will have to use my authority and make Brizzo (Brian Hayes) change Manny’s ratings in our game to all 100’s. This will all be tunable of course with the new ability to change boxers default ratings

Nice
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Hope we can make our own designs on the trunks and robes like you can in forza or ufc I guess has something similar

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

Not expecting much, they have yet to make a boxing game with all belt holders and contenders. I'm tired of all these legends clogging the rosters when they don't have all the best current boxers.

The gameplay will probably be as unrealistic as ever too.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
Not expecting much, they have yet to make a boxing game with all belt holders and contenders. I'm tired of all these legends clogging the rosters when they don't have all the best current boxers.

The gameplay will probably be as unrealistic as ever too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

They should have a pre- and post-steroids Pacquiao in the game

I heard somewhere that EA had signed all their boxers from FN4 to 2-year or 2-term contracts. Any truth to this? Has that been confirmed at all? Would be sweet if the roster was as deep as FN4 but with some more additions.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Even though its rooted in hate and his approach is lacking decency I think there is a valid point there. I never cared for the career mode consistency of legends and past champions. That should be an entirely different mode altogether. I know its tough to have a full comprehensive roster of current fighters but the ability to use multiple created fighters in the career mode would solve this problem.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Even though its rooted in hate and his approach is lacking decency I think there is a valid point there. I never cared for the career mode consistency of legends and past champions. That should be an entirely different mode altogether. I know its tough to have a full comprehensive roster of current fighters but the ability to use multiple created fighters in the career mode would solve this problem.
Trust me I agree with your stand point. I think without a doubt new age fighters should fill the roster for career mode similar to how UFC and EA MMA has done. The issue with boxing is the decline of the sport puts much higher stock on the legends that everyone knows rather than a bunch of the real up and comers who few people more know.

This is done from a business perspective and people need to realize that making fun/realistic games is fine. But in order for that title to sell well normally people will tend to buy something that has the large names such as Ali, Tyson, Robinson, Jones Jr., Pac-man, etc.

So I can't speak on behalf of EA, I would be willing to bet much of the decision to spend the money on licensing fighters would be better spent on the legends because of the name recognition that comes with those names make selling more titles that much greater.

It is easy to be a critic when your money is not on the line. But you take that same kid off the street such as "ballaboy" and ask him to risk throwing himself in debt by couple million dollars on a HOPE that his idea works. I bet A LOT more thought would go into the whole scope of selling the product the most effective way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »