Home

EA Sports MMA Patch Details

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Patch Details within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #17
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA Sports MMA Patch Details

Point is this, people are hurting for money, and people are making purchases based on popularity. When the holiday season comes around, look for this game's sales to flurish. The fact that I have read at least five different posts by OS'ers about wanting to buy this game, but can't afford it at this time, is a good sign people are listening to what the MMA fans are saying about EA MMA; and yes by holiday time this game will be lowered to $40 bucks, but I believe this game will be gobbled up in late NOV to early DEC, and in part to people getting sick of the UFC game, and wanting something different.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Point is this, people are hurting for money, and people are making purchases based on popularity. When the holiday season comes around, look for this game's sales to flurish. The fact that I have read at least five different posts by OS'ers about wanting to buy this game, but can't afford it at this time, is a good sign people are listening to what the MMA fans are saying about EA MMA; and yes by holiday time this game will be lowered to $40 bucks, but I believe this game will be gobbled up in late NOV to early DEC, and in part to people getting sick of the UFC game, and wanting something different.
Its the better game without a doubt. So it is sad to see a brand is the cause for people not wanting to buy a better game.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Using OS as a barometer to determine if a game will sell is a very bad move. Looking at this forum, you would think that Madden was the worst football game ever invented and Backbreaker is flying off the shelves.

I like EA MMA alot. I think its a much better game than UFC 2010. That doesnt change the fact that most people only know the UFC. They want the game with the UFC fighters. Fighters theyve heard of like GSP, Silva, Brock, Chuck. Most casual fans dont know who Fedor or Nick
Diaz is. They know Couture and thats it. Thats the reason why the game isnt selling. Its not because they arent promoting it (I saw 5 EA MMA commercials during WEC 52 last night.) Its because to most people the UFC is the only brand that matters in MMA.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #20
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Using OS as a barometer to determine if a game will sell is a very bad move. Looking at this forum, you would think that Madden was the worst football game ever invented and Backbreaker is flying off the shelves.

I like EA MMA alot. I think its a much better game than UFC 2010. That doesnt change the fact that most people only know the UFC. They want the game with the UFC fighters. Fighters theyve heard of like GSP, Silva, Brock, Chuck. Most casual fans dont know who Fedor or Nick
Diaz is. They know Couture and thats it. Thats the reason why the game isnt selling. Its not because they arent promoting it (I saw 5 EA MMA commercials during WEC 52 last night.) Its because to most people the UFC is the only brand that matters in MMA.
I agree with you here. Over the weekend I was at a party and were talking UFC with a few of the guys. The moment I mentioned the three letters MMA, this guy looked at me like I had 3 heads on my shoulders. There are people out there that have no clue what MMA is and only know the letters UFC.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Aholbert is right on the money here. EA probably understands this better than anyone. They are a big brand themselves, but when making an MMA game, their branding isn't enough. As others pointed out. Casual fans don't even know the sport as MMA. They only know UFC. Go back to 08 before EA got rid of the guy making the first couple next gen Madden games, and all pro football 2k8 was released. For straight gameplay, 2k8 wiped the floor with Madden 08. But failed for 2 reasons. 1, moron tournament player couldn't put his fastest player at qb and dominate. sadly that is the largest demographic of videogame football player. So it was too hard and they had to think too much. 2. No NFL. If people don't see the cowboys colts giants eagles saints patriots etc, it might as well not even be football to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Eh, screw em, I gotta good game. If they never make another one, I'm satisfied. Don't need the UFC, I'm aware I'm in the minority, but idc what other people buy and don't buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Eh, screw em, I gotta good game. If they never make another one, I'm satisfied. Don't need the UFC, I'm aware I'm in the minority, but idc what other people buy and don't buy.
You should care though. I dont think this patch will fix every issue with the game and if the game doesnt sell...there goes the chance of multiple patches or either future versions. The game is good but its no where close to being perfect. I want them to build on this game and thats not likely to happen if no one buys it.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

To be fair - what game is close to perfect? Especially in terms of sports?

But I hope they continue with the game, and I hope they keep supporting this version to fix up some of the issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »