Home

NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The NHL 11 title update and tuner v2.0 is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Want to know what's in the patch? Click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by Qb; 11-12-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Impressions (PS3 & 360)

I will re-post here. I downloaded the patch and tuner 2.00 on Xbox 360. I had time to play 3 games before going to work and here are my impressions...

The AI defenders are definitely more agressive than before, which is good. I took a hitting from behind penalty that I don't think I would have taken before, so this also works. I also noticed a bit of a change on hitting, liked it. My human goalie seemed to move and react faster, a bit too fast to my liking since this change will affect human versus, but I will have to play more to have a precise opinion on it. For other changes, I will probably notice it playing more games.

When playing with All-Star/Normal original sliders, I thought that the game was better than it was before with the original sliders, so another good point. However, when I tried with my sliders, there's something I really didn't like and I will explain it. I'm one of the few playing with the puck control slider at 0 to have a more loose and bouncy puck, which I find give a realistic feeling to the game. After the patch, even when I put the puck control to 0, the puck seems almost magnetic to the players sticks, just feels the same as I was letting it at 2. With puck control at 0 before, it didn't only affect the player with the puck who could loose it easily just by a contact on a skate or on a stick, it also affected pass receptions and also pass interceptions. On a pass before, the puck could hit a stick and just bounce away, now it seems to glue on the stick, just like with puck control at 1 or 2. I don't know if the puck control slider doesn't work properly at 0 anymore or something has changed in this area?

Like I said, I only had the time to play three games and I can't wait to play more, but these are my early feelings on the changes.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

-Increase the effect of high defensive awareness on ability to intercept passes.

I want to know if this affects Humans or just CPU's.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
-Increase the effect of high defensive awareness on ability to intercept passes.

I want to know if this affects Humans or just CPU's.
I would assume both human and CPU-controlled players are affected by the change.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys is anyone having a problem where their wins online are not being recorded? I updated this morning and have played 4 games winning all of them and not one game was recorded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's almost like ranked games on the 360 are not being recorded, however when i check the people I beat, they did receive the loss. EA people please look into this for me? I can send you my gamer tag if you like.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Played a couple of games this morning and I'm definitely with how the game plays with the latest patch/tuner. CPU does make it tougher to just skate into the offensive zone. CPU also displays the right amount of aggressiveness in its own offensive zone; pre-patch I was starting to see the CPU pass the puck around too much instead of shooting when they had a good look. Now, they will shoot if they are open.

Looking forward to starting my BAG now. Quick question, why is the roster update still not in the 'Download Roster' section of Online?

Thanks for all the hard work, EA NHL team!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

ok, i have been a huge critic for NHL 11..

i downloaded the patch and tuner update..

i played quick game on all-star (hardcore), cpu difficulty at zero, cpu strat adjustment maxed, 7 min periods, and the usual stuff lowered to zero, puck control, pass reception etc.

i honestly can say for the first time this year that the game felt solid. sure, still some issues etc. but the gameplay just felt good IMO. more loose pucks, esp down low, made for some nice scrums in front and behind the net.

here is the game i just played..

Bolts 2 @ Pens 6 Final

Shots 36 to 25 in favor of me
Hits 20 to 16 in favor of cpu
TOA 7:14 to 7:07 in favor of cpu
PP Bolts 1/4 Pens 3/4
PPM Bolts 8 Pens 21 (had a game misconduct on Orpik in first 5 mins of the 1st, bah)

not bad at all, i had a variety of scoring as well.. Cooke, Kennedy, Dupius (PP), Crosby 2 (both PPG), and Mike Rupp.. all scored in the order above. Bolts goal scorers, Lecavalier (PP), and Hall (SH)..

i will bump up the cpu difficulty to the max next game and see how it plays.

but gotta say, since i hammered these guys a lot this year, that this patch and tuner made the game feel a lot better and more like hockey.

oh, and the diving friction seemed to be solid. guys werent gliding all over the place after a dive. should be interesting how this plays out online. i also got an interference call bc of the adjustment in time they made, it never would have been called before the patch/tuner update. finally..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »