Home

NHL 11 Podcast #2 - How Ratings Work

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Podcast #2 - How Ratings Work within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 11 Podcast #2 - How Ratings Work

Check out the latest NHL 11 blog, discussing how ratings work, among other things.

Quote:
"Hey NHL 11 fans and thanks for tuning in to the 2nd NHL 11 Podcast. It’s another doozy with your host sk88z along with Developers Andy Agostini and Nate Ng holding down the fort and providing over an hour’s worth of chatter from inside the studio at EA Canada.

Listen to this week’s Podcast here: NHL 11 Podcast #2 - How Ratings Work

Game Giveaway: What game does Andy Agostini mention first that he’s currently playing outside of NHL 11? The first correct response to [email protected] will receive an EA SPORTS game of their choice!

Here’s a rundown of the podcast along with sk88z’s Overtime rant:

First Period

- Title Update Details

- Roster/Ratings Discussion

Second Period

- Weekly NHL Simulations

- Community Mailbag

Third Period

- EASHL October PS3 Winner’s Circle Champ: Kody Parent

- EASHL November Leaderboard

Overtime

Cheese vs Exploits

I touched a little on this last week. If given the opportunity to go to the well time and time again, would you? For example, people claim there are always goals in the game…goals that go in with a high percentage whether they be shots from the slot picking the corners or even wrap-arounds that catch the goalie out of position.

I’m not going to sit here and say that these types of cheese goals have been eliminated completely from the game. Most people, in fact, have a difficult time scoring from any place on the ice. For those users, however, that are quite skilled at the game and adept at scoring may know of certain places on the ice where better players have that higher than average percentage scoring chance. With solid ‘d’ users can defend these plays and though I will call them cheese plays, they are not exploits.

Falling down and hitting a button to go into another animation or cheating the game by boosting your players with attribute points you did not gain…those are exploits. Areas of the game that, for all intents and purposes, may be broken and require fixes are potential cheat zones for people to choose to take advantage of. Note that I say ‘choose’ because at the end of the day it is still a user’s choice on whether or not he or she will take advantage of the exploit.

With so much going into game today, there are bound to be exploits that exist. The two I’ve just mentioned have been rightly addressed with the title update, however, what other exploits may exist or, better question, what are cheaters willing to do to find them?

Personally, I can live with the cheese. I have no problem losing to someone who goes to the well and scores from a spot on the ice where even the pros have a high scoring percentage if given the opportunity to shoot from.

What I cannot stand or the exploiters, or who I will call the glitchers, who look for areas of the game that may be bugged for the sole purpose of winning unfairly. I think it’s a shame that some users will go to lengths to cheat the game, cheat their opponents, and ultimately cheat themselves winning with absolutely no integrity at all. What’s worse is when I hear users who make the excuse that if someone else is doing it, that makes it right for them to.

Are you really going to jump off the bridge if someone else does?

Whatever happened to fair play? Whatever happened to learning to play the game and becoming the best you can be without taking shortcuts?"

Source - NHL 11 In the Crease Blog
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 11 Podcast #2 - How Ratings Work

they hammer down on the glitchers? how so?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9
I hope they use a very big hammer
Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
As long as people get away with cheating it will never stop. People cheat in life & real sports as well. Whatever it takes to win or get ahead.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is there an in-game podcast like in NCAA 2011? I don't like playing cheaters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
The biggest glitch is the one timer goal when its 2 on 1 and you just shot the puck across to your teamate right in front of the goal. its a goal 99 percent of the time almost unstoppable and annoying a s hell
Old 11-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinst21
The biggest glitch is the one timer goal when its 2 on 1 and you just shot the puck across to your teamate right in front of the goal. its a goal 99 percent of the time almost unstoppable and annoying a s hell
That's not a glitch. That's legit.

What do you want me to do on a 2 on 1?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

its not legit when the same play goes in 99.99999999999% of the time. its abusing the cpu/ai!! but hey, to each their own.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »