Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 11 Post-Patch Impressions (PS3 & 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Is it possible to download the patch WITHOUT downloading anything for Ultimate Team?

My X360 is not regularly hooked up to the internet, so, when I move the X360 later tonight, I expect that it will notice two "new" things (the Ultimate Team thing from last week + the patch the came out today).

I do not play Ultimate Team and I have read elsewhere that UT causes a problem with player names - a problem whose solution is to download a new squad file - but I do not want a new squad file because I have already invested A LOT of time with stadium renaming.

So, really, I only want the "patch". Can I do this?
Yes. Ultimate Team is a seperate download in the Xbox Marketplace.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I do not play Ultimate Team and I have read elsewhere that UT causes a problem with player names - a problem whose solution is to download a new squad file - but I do not want a new squad file because I have already invested A LOT of time with stadium renaming.
I could be wrong, but I believe stadium names are not tied to the squad file this year. Not 100% certain, but I believe we talked about this closer to release and someone tested it & confirmed.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #11
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

With the players being more spaced out, I think it will be easier to go through the middle of the field with passing. I just scored one with Saha by passing up the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
With the players being more spaced out, I think it will be easier to go through the middle of the field with passing. I just scored one with Saha by passing up the middle.
This is good to hear. I'm sick of having to either take it up the wing for a cross or lob it forward and pray against better teams. Having another way to score will really add to the enjoyment.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #13
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9

Has anyone simmed ahead to see if young player progression has been fixed yet?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well I am through 4 weeks in a new CM as simply the manager and through those first 4 weeks and 2 friendlies I haven't noticed much. The CPU seems to be fractionally more reserved in their approach to defending but they will still run straight at your player and just dive in for successful tackles. A few times I saw them play a negative ball but nothing mind blowing like them going all the way back and trying to switch fields or start over. Most noticeably and something that I still absolutely hate and feel like I won't be playing the mode because of is the transfers. First thing I did was set up my transfer list of people I wanted loaned and sold. Through 4 weeks I am still to see an offer for Arshavin, Rosicky and Eboue. I have intentions of spending some money on different players that I want in my squad and I can't get rid of high profile players still. I see headlines of Barca spending $22M on Ivanovic from CPU controlled Chelsea but when it comes to someone spending $21M on my players they won't do it.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

The impressions of more space sound really promising. What about the CPU's attack? Is it still one-way football or is there a bit more variety here? I'd like to give FIFA a second chance this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
The impressions of more space sound really promising. What about the CPU's attack? Is it still one-way football or is there a bit more variety here? I'd like to give FIFA a second chance this year.
I've only played one match, but the CPU did change left to right a few times in it. They used the whole field more than before instead of just every pass going forward. Most of the movement was left to right though and I don't remember seeing any back passes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »