Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 11 Post-Patch Impressions (PS3 & 360)

I'm going to give it a try when I get home, but I can't help but feel skeptical, since each year EA will tell us the gameplay was not touched yet people swear that they can tell a difference. Not saying anyone is making false claims, as I hope you're all correct.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Goal kicks have also been tuned. It seems they have more height on them.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I'm going to give it a try when I get home, but I can't help but feel skeptical, since each year EA will tell us the gameplay was not touched yet people swear that they can tell a difference. Not saying anyone is making false claims, as I hope you're all correct.
Yeah, I'm excited to try it out but keeping my expectations low. I think it's important to remember that the dev on the EA boards posted that he wasn't aware of any changes made to specific things like tackling and IA issues, but he's also seemed like he didn't know much of anything. You'd think that if they did tune the game as much as some seem to be experiencing that they'd have someone over here trumpeting every fix they made.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
Yeah, I'm excited to try it out but keeping my expectations low. I think it's important to remember that the dev on the EA boards posted that he wasn't aware of any changes made to specific things like tackling and IA issues, but he's also seemed like he didn't know much of anything. You'd think that if they did tune the game as much as some seem to be experiencing that they'd have someone over here trumpeting every fix they made.
Yeah, I'm just worried it'll be a classic placebo style patch. But, we shall see.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

I played one game when I went home for lunch. Played a game of my manager career mode with the chicago fire, where I am somewhere between 20-24 games into the first season. Here is what I noticed...and keep in mind this is one game vs all the other games i have played, it might be just a coincedence and not necessarily the update fixing anything. I play on world class, 10 min, all default settings.

- you still get pressured by the cpu, but it doesnt seem nearly as hard. it seems like you have a little more time to decide what to do before they come at you.

- goal kicks, 50/50 balls...it seemed when i sent a GK long, the cpu would win the header 80% of the time. When i did win the 50/50 balls, it seemed like a weak tap that went nowhere. now i feel like i actually had a chance to win them, especially when jostling into better position. and the headers from these had more force.

- through passes - yes maybe my fault because i play with default settings...but it would seem that when there would be a good run by a teammate, and i would send a through ball, it would go straight at a defender. it seemed like they actually tried to avoid hitting the defender so it would actually get through. of course this did take the runner have to change his run route, but even so it was nice to not see them go straight into a defender.

- cpu clogging the box...it seemed impossible to get a good shot through the middle w/o a through ball or a lucky deflection in the past. or any shot from 5-10 yd out of the box rarely had a chance to get through. now it seems like you can get those shots off.

- cpu offense...they passed back some, and they kicked a LOT of long balls. It was nice to see them 20 yd or so from the midline, and send the ball long to the corner. saw them switch the side of the field too.

- my guys had a chance when overmatched. I signed a 91 speed fa RM...yet it seemed when i sent him a chipped through ball to the corner, he would always get beat to it by slower defenders. not so anymore. and in the past it seemed when dribbling and jostling with a cpu defender, he would always get through me to get the ball, but i couldnt do the same or would get called for a foul. I feel like my guys can hold the defender off a little better now.

- cpu seemed to get called for quite a few more fouls...with 10 min halves i think i usually saw around 5 a game for the cpu, with an occasional card. this game i saw 10, with 2 yellows.
- for the 2nd time in the season i got an email about a guy improving. the first time pre patch they dropped the guy by 1 point. i got on immediately after this first post patch game, and the guy actually did go up a point.

how much of this was just something i thought i saw different, and how much was caused by the update, got me. but it did seem to play a bit better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I can say teh tackling on WC is still the same, outmatching the CPU by quite a bit.

Gameplay wise, the CPU attack is great. No more worrying about those crazy through balls if you lose your mark - they are a bit more relaxed in that sense.

I'm enjoying the game again, although there are always going to be those FIFA quirks - for now, I'm content.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Check out this post over at the EA boards ...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/840/56764.page

Scroll down and look for the post from "EA Rom" (community manager).

Some relevant quotes ...

"The patch doesn't make any changes to gameplay."

"The player growth model hasn't been changed in the patch."

The EA boards are pretty unforgiving about EA's approach to FIFA11.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Check out this post over at the EA boards ...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/840/56764.page

Scroll down and look for the post from "EA Rom" (community manager).

Some relevant quotes ...

"The patch doesn't make any changes to gameplay."

"The player growth model hasn't been changed in the patch."

The EA boards are pretty unforgiving about EA's approach to FIFA11.
I played a little earlier and noticed no changes and this puts the rumors to bed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »