Home

Fight Night Champion Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Hands-On Preview (IGN)

IGN has just posted their Fight Night Champion hands-on preview.

Quote:
"While I got the chance to play Fight Night Champion at a San Francisco event, the gameplay wasn't the significant departure that I was just talking about (though there are plenty of changes that we'll get into later). Instead, EA Sports seems to be making a huge push to bring the story of a boxer into the game with the new Champion Mode. The small piece of gameplay that we got to see from Champion Mode showed our fighter in a boxing match in prison. Yes, you read that right. Your introduction to the mode is a bare-knuckle brawl and it's just as bloody as you'd expect. It's more of a tutorial than anything, but given the fact that your corner man mentions your dad's death and that you need to "knock this ****er on his ***" to win makes it clear that the mode takes this game in a very different direction."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fight Night Champion Hands-On Preview (IGN)

I do like that the punches now have their own ratings. I do like the sound of the bell rung state.
I'm interested to see how the blocking turns out. Glad there is no slow motion parry anymore.
Hopefully the footwork and Stamina has been improved man.

I'm not liking the sound of the training in Legacy mode. Are you telling me if i want to work on my endurance and stamina i have to travel to Big Bear California?? And if i want to work on my toughness i gotta go to Philly?? Thats just plain silly man if its true. I can stay in my hometown and work on anything i want and improve if i train hard enough. True that if you're from those places you should get a boost in those attributes, but a boxer shouldn't have to travel to those places just to work on that skill.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I do like that the punches now have their own ratings. I do like the sound of the bell rung state.
I'm interested to see how the blocking turns out. Glad there is no slow motion parry anymore.
Hopefully the footwork and Stamina has been improved man.

I'm not liking the sound of the training in Legacy mode. Are you telling me if i want to work on my endurance and stamina i have to travel to Big Bear California?? And if i want to work on my toughness i gotta go to Philly?? Thats just plain silly man if its true. I can stay in my hometown and work on anything i want and improve if i train hard enough. True that if you're from those places you should get a boost in those attributes, but a boxer shouldn't have to travel to those places just to work on that skill.
Yea they got carried away with that one...Going to brazil to work on jiu jitsu is good but going to Philly to toughen up is
Old 11-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Yea they got carried away with that one...Going to brazil to work on jiu jitsu is good but going to Philly to toughen up is
Hahah. I don't even gotta go to Brazil to learn Jiu-Jitsu. I can just go to the Jiu-Jitsu Dojo that's in every major City.

Money should be spent on equipment, trainers, travel expenses, tournaments, food, supplements, better equipment, better trainers, etc.

It shouldn't be "Damn im short 200$ so i can't go to Philly and work on my toughness. I'll save up for it after my next fight."
Thats just crazy man. Hopefully IGN got that wrong.
These guys seriously need me as a Producer for this game. I'll do it for cheap. Holla at me.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 33
I don't really go for the career modes in Fight Night. It's normally a game I play with a few buddies. What I would like is a multiplayer tournament mode to compete in.
This game needs a big injection in presentation in regards to the pre & post fight scenes & the commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
One question then. Why does any boxer train with coaches and staff outside their hometown. Why do they change training facilities & staff? Because one coach is better in this and the other in that. Okay it might sound dump for endurance and such stuff but it is something happening in real life.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Exactly. For example, You should be able to work on everything in Big Bear but the boosts to stamina and endurance would be higher vs if you trained in Philly. EA should try to correct that before launch if possible but it sounds like a done deal unfortunately.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Did they bring back the 'cutman mode' (don't know the name for it) from 2-3 years ago in between rounds?

I loved that but I know most hated it.

Something tells me to pass on this game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »