Home

Fight Night Champion Blog: Gameplay & Legacy

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog: Gameplay & Legacy within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #17
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog: Gameplay & Legacy

Phobia, thanks for the awesome write-up! Great read sir. Looking forward to your follow-ups.

Appreciate you taking the time to put this together!

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

1. Is there "tale of the tape" type presentation at the beginning?
2. When the fight goes the distance is there more suspense and do they announce the final score cards?
3. Are cuts more random and bleed in real time? Can a bad cut happen early in the fight?
Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Phobia, thanks for the awesome write-up! Great read sir. Looking forward to your follow-ups.

Appreciate you taking the time to put this together!
Glad you liked it my man. It was my pleasure!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
One Punch KOs/New Stun States...Also included is the new stunned states. Now when you are hurt there are degrees of getting "rocked". You can get rocked and it is a simple 1 to 2 sec recovery to get your head back, a punch could rock you and leave you recovering for 5 to 10 secs, or all the way to having your "bell rung" and spending a entire round hurt on wobbly legs just trying to survive for minutes and minutes. Even possibly to multiple rounds.
Can you describe the stun state graphically? Is it something you can see in your boxer's animations or is it a slo-mo, hazy thing on the screen?

Quote:
Footspeed - This is one of my dislikes about the current build we got to play. I found the footspeed to be slow. It was very similar to the "quicksand" feeling before the patch in RD 4. Once you would get within punching range of each other. The footspeed would slow to a crawl and made getting in & out of punching range really tough. But once the two fighter separated by some space then the fighters would move much quicker.

I informed Mike a few times I felt the footspeed was to slow. He told me he agreed and will be looking to fix this. It was just one of the very few areas I felt needed tuning.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Did you get the sense that it would be greatly improved to realistic levels or is this something that is going to get a little better?

Quote:
Inside Fighting - Now onto the new inside fighting. Like I mentioned in FN4 when boxers got to the inside game. The punches never changed, instead the animation was to make the boxer lean away so he had enough space to throw the correct punch. In FNC the system that is now in place is similar to the EA MMA system. Depending on the range you are to your opponent will determine the type of punch being thrown. So once you get to the inside game, certain punches you will only be able to be thrown. Small uppercuts, little tiny hooks, etc. They way this effects gameplay is that guys who have great inside power and punches such as Tyson can fight to their strengths, while guys who like to use range and "out box" their opponent will lose some of their advantage in close. It is a welcome addition and helps the series move towards a more realistic approach.
No mention of fighting in the clinch. Can we do that now?

Any new cameras? Stationary cam specifically.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Punching sounds extremely better tahn the current system.

Still hoping for some good presentation info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Punching sounds extremely better tahn the current system.

Still hoping for some good presentation info.
So am I! I hope the commentary is a bit more dynamic so they mention previous wins or losses or whether or not someone's ever been floored before, etc.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
So am I! I hope the commentary is a bit more dynamic so they mention previous wins or losses or whether or not someone's ever been floored before, etc.
I am currently planning to release around 5 blogs.
  • Community Day (released)
  • Gameplay & Legacy(released)
  • Community Questions (Nov 19th)
  • Presentation & Graphics (TBD)
  • Champion Mode (TBD)
  • Overall Preview with scores (TBD)
Old 11-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 13
Sounds very promising, especially the one punch KO's. I always thought it was highly unrealistic that every single fight in RD 4 resulted in at least two knockdowns.

One thing I hope we see more of is the amount of wrestling that takes place during inside fighting, especially among the bigger weight classes. There's a bunch of tugging, holding, pushing, leaning & bumping that takes place on the inside, and no boxing game to date has approximated it very closely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »