Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Roadman, I'm not trying to knock your excitement man, but what I gathered from that was they're looking into it. He didn't actually say it was going to be fixed.
Didn't I say in the post you quoted, they are being addressed? Isn't that what looking into is?

Ian's exact quote, "We will make an attempt to fix that." That was what I meant by, addressing it.

Last edited by roadman; 11-19-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #18
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Well I'm glad my question resulted in a lot of conversation. I get the dev teams perspective and I hope I gave them something to think about. I did learn how the PI slider works which is incorrect, so I hope Ian thinks about his recommendation for it. After all if you set the slider to zero you have no PI calls, which is pretty much what you have now and no one is frustrated.

Hell even a mode for realistic penalties that could be off by default would be good.

Either way I am impressed they addressed the question and I thought this podcats was much better then the first one. I really don't need that much on ratings talk though, isn't there a weekly blog for that already?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal

Either way I am impressed they addressed the question and I thought this podcats was much better then the first one. I really don't need that much on ratings talk though, isn't there a weekly blog for that already?
That is what I thought, too, although, this week, it was good to know that the Ratings Czar won't be producing a roster for next week and will get back on track after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Is there any other way to listen to this podcast on the pc. I don't own no MP4 to here it.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #21
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Because they update ratings during the season so they can duplicate real life.

If a 72 OVR Vick was putting up those same numbers in the video game, would he really need an increase to 93?
Yes he would because in real life Vicks going to be either Franchise tagged or a 20 mill a year contract.In franchise Mode,he'd just settle for a 3 year 5 mill contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Roadman, I'm not trying to knock your excitement man, but what I gathered from that was they're looking into it. He didn't actually say it was going to be fixed.
Honestly, the way they addressed the question was disappointing. It was dismissive in my interpretation;it didn't give me any hope at all. I figured they would have talked a little more about it, and explained some of the problems or challenges they have regarding the problem. Instead we got a one word answer which was yes, but it's doubtful that they would say "no, we're not going to fix it at all."

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 11-19-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Honestly, the way they addressed the question was disappointing. It was dismissive in my interpretation;it didn't give me any hope at all. I figured they would have talked a little more about it, and explained some of the problems or challenges they have regarding the problem. Instead we got a one word answer which was yes, but it's doubtful that they would say "no, we're not fix it at all."
If you go back over the podcast, before Ian goes into the next question, he did say, "We will make an attempt to fix that.

That's better than not addressing the issue at all.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you go back over the podcast, before Ian goes into the next question, he did say, "We will make an attempt to fix that.

That's better than not addressing the issue at all.
I did, and Ian asked Larry if "bowling pin tackles" were going to be addressed and he simply said yes. Ian than followed up with " We will make an attempt to fix that." They literally spent less than fifteen seconds addressing the question. Look at how much time they spent on answering the question regarding pass interference and the challenges associated with it.

I don't know about you, but I'm well beyond the " well, it's better than nothing" stage. It's time they addressed the problem fully; it's been a problem for years. It's as much, or more, of a problem as anything in Madden.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 11-19-2010 at 08:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »