Home

EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

This is a discussion on EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Ah, lots of selective memory with these publishers for their own marketing purposes (as if they'd do anything else, right?).

I don't disagree with the sterile and boring comments, but:

1) Isn't Shift more arcade than sim? (I wouldn't know, I haven't played it).

2) F1 is still plagued with the fuel bug, even post-patch, so that kind of ruins that experience if you're truly desiring sim racing.

And finally, it seems to me that it's all apples and oranges anyway since GT is the "ultimate driving simulator", not the "ultimate racing simulator". Racing is just a context for the game's main objective which is to drive, ogle, and collect cars.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Well it does seem like some if the hype was just that, hype. Will be fixed at a later date though.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 11-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have GT5 and it is lame. 50mins to install with very weak crash physics. The NASCAR cars don't even sound like a race car. Some of the graphics look like PS2 graphics. Forza 3 looks better and plays better no question. Don't buy into the hype of GT5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree with EA and Codemasters, F1 2010 is a great game and I love NFS Shift and Shift 2 should be great.

Codemasters are pro's at racing games and have been since the Pro Race Driver series to the Colin Mcrae's Rally.

In all due respects to Sony, hype did kill this game and the long wait destroyed a lot of expectations and well, it's boring none the less. A later patch will bring some changes, but it won't make it fun.

Something about the speed, engine sounds and visuals during the race are unappealing!

But to each their own! I'm a guy that plays every racing game and I have a massive collection of them all, as I'm sure everyone has seen my gamertag history and my images of my collection.

But GT5 is just not that interesting! Does nothing that stands out to be it's own racer.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #13
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Well EA make (made) a fun racing game in Need For Speed and Codemasters...didn't they make Grid? That was a pretty solid game.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #14
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well EA make (made) a fun racing game in Need For Speed and Codemasters...didn't they make Grid? That was a pretty solid game.
The only game I didn't like in the Need for Speed series, was Pro Street! All the others were solid. Even NFS World is great!

Codemasters has a long history of nothing but great racing games, so in all respects to them. They can trash talk, because those guys are passionate about race gaming. I still think Toca Pro Race Driver 3 is one their great games ever!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 32
I am in the same boat as everyone else overall on here.... I rented GT5 and I myself find it a bit sterile. Nothing jumps out at me (other than all of the loading....) pretty to look at, but not very fun to actually play. I have to give the edge to Codemasters. I found myself comparing this game to GRiD too much and perhaps lost my heart to play this game.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 06:03 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 33
How on earth can a game that has been in development for so long turn out to be so decidedely average. GT5 is not a bad game. It's just so dull & uninspiring.

SONY scored an own goal with the decision to have standard & premium cars. There is too much of a visual difference between the 2, thus making driving with a standard car seem somewhat dissapointing.
Forza 3 is a much better all round game. At least the standard of visuals is consistent across the board. Including interior shots & the ability to use the right analog stick to move the camera.

The wait for GT5 has been the gaming equivalent of the long wait for Guns 'n' Roses last album. It wasn't bad, it just didn't justify the wait.

I'm afraid GT5 will be going on my trade in pile. I'll be sticking with Forza 3 & looking forward to the new game scheduled for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »