Home

EA Sports Announces Partnership with Whitecaps FC, the Latest Addition to the MLS

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Partnership with Whitecaps FC, the Latest Addition to the MLS within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports Announces Partnership with Whitecaps FC, the Latest Addition to the MLS

EA Sports has just announced a partnership with Whitecaps FC, the latest addition to the MLS.

The Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to join world-class clubs, such as Chelsea FC, Arsenal FC and Real Madrid FC, as the first MLS club to be partnered with EA SPORTS. Through this relationship, EA SPORTS will showcase its FIFA Soccer videogame franchise utilizing Whitecaps FC, including signage, broadcast, and game applications. Similar to its work with European clubs, EA SPORTS will expand its current relationship with the Whitecaps to explore new ways to enhance its videogame experience and create greater authenticity inside of its EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer products.

As Official Videogame Partner of Whitecaps FC, EA SPORTS will have exclusive access to Whitecaps FC players to motion capture and turn into the life-like movement of the virtual players in future versions of EA’s FIFA Soccer games. The FIFA development team will also explore new ways to leverage MLS matches at BC Place to deliver improved authenticity in its games that match the complexity, finesse, and excitement of a real-world soccer match. EA SPORTS will also access players, staff, and its passionate fans to test early versions of its soccer products.

Whitecaps FC and BC Place Stadium will be included in FIFA Soccer 12, enabling fans to play with the Whitecaps MLS team in their new home before the stadium is actually complete. In addition, a limited number of FIFA Soccer 12 games will be available in British Columbia in specially designed Whitecaps FC branding.

Source - EA Soccer News
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hi Steve,

I think the title should read, "...addition to MLS" instead of "edition," not trying to be rude, but thought I would mention this. Thanks for your hard work, love the site. Cheers.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA Sports Announces Partnership with Whitecaps FC, the Latest Edition to the MLS

this has the potential to be very good news for FIFA gamers that are fans of MLS. Since EA will be working with the Whitecaps people, they can probably try to give us a more realistic and immersive MLS experience for next year's FIFA. Also having the first official stadium for an MLS club is a good start. Hopefully more will follow.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Ah yes, thanks dragan24.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: EA Sports Announces Partnership with Whitecaps FC, the Latest Addition to the MLS

Nice to see the MLS getting some love.

Perhaps they will get the MLS structure right, also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #6

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA Sports Announces Partnership with Whitecaps FC, the Latest Addition to the MLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Nice to see the MLS getting some love.

Perhaps they will get the MLS structure right, also.
Hard to do when the league itself can't get it right.

I keed, I keed. I <3 you, MLS.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Hard to do when the league itself can't get it right.

I keed, I keed. I <3 you, MLS.

It's only going to get more complicated with the play-in. I hope this gives EA some incentive to get it correct. They made some strides this year for sure.

Also, wondering why they chose Vancouver? I know little to nothing about Vancouver's team. So please correct me if this is incorrect, but I would have expected either Portland (I am under the impression that Portland is the more supported franchise, again, could be wrong) or an established MLS franchise with stars, such as LA.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #8

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Also, wondering why they chose Vancouver? I know little to nothing about Vancouver's team. So please correct me if this is incorrect, but I would have expected either Portland (I am under the impression that Portland is the more supported franchise, again, could be wrong) or an established MLS franchise with stars, such as LA.

[Enlarge]

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...53637&t=h&z=13

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »