Home

Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade

This is a discussion on Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #17
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade

I played the heck out of MVP 05, that game was so much fun. One thing I would like The Show to address is actually implement a numbers ratings system and not go off of bars, I hate that. I want to be able to see Tulo has a Contact of 75, power of 80 and not just a bar that you can't really tell if its better than so and so.

But man, MVP was so much fun. I liked their manage mode, and I remember I was a beast with Oliver Perez in that game. lol
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I think one of the best things about the ratings interface/UI in the game is that they are bars and not numbers like other games.

And I do not see this changing, thankfully.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

I agree with the you on the bar over the numbers. The use of numbers could have me going after one free agent that has a one point advantage in power over another free agent that might have put up better numbers, or someone I am already a fan of. I actually wish they would go one step further and make the attributes even more vague. Perhaps something along the lines of a real scouting report. Maybe even be inaccurate at times. There is nothing I love more in this game than a fringe player you got on the cheap over performing, or a superstar you overpaid for under performing. I love the randomness of it all.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #20
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I agree with the you on the bar over the numbers. The use of numbers could have me going after one free agent that has a one point advantage in power over another free agent that might have put up better numbers, or someone I am already a fan of. I actually wish they would go one step further and make the attributes even more vague. Perhaps something along the lines of a real scouting report. Maybe even be inaccurate at times. There is nothing I love more in this game than a fringe player you got on the cheap over performing, or a superstar you overpaid for under performing. I love the randomness of it all.
In total agreement. It is what makes it feel so close to real life.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
I played the heck out of MVP 05, that game was so much fun. One thing I would like The Show to address is actually implement a numbers ratings system and not go off of bars, I hate that. I want to be able to see Tulo has a Contact of 75, power of 80 and not just a bar that you can't really tell if its better than so and so.

But man, MVP was so much fun. I liked their manage mode, and I remember I was a beast with Oliver Perez in that game. lol
if you go into edit player, you can see the numerical value for their ratings/attributes.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #22
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Number ratings blow...and IMO don't belong anywhere near a sports game that considers itself "sim" in any respect.(unless those numbers are tied to a scouting report....different story...that's something that really exists.)
Now they are useful for editing...but outside of that I wish even the bars didn't exist....just scouting reports from your staff.
That would also push the game(including trades and salaries!)...more towards performance and potential rather than some pre-set ratings.(If they forced you to make choices on something other than ratings...they would have to have the CPU do the same! )

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #23
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

...and I don't remember any Manage only Mode in MVP '05 ??

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
...and I don't remember any Manage only Mode in MVP '05 ??

M.K.
Knight165
There was a sportscast-ish mode that allowed you to pick strategy options and jump in-game, but yeah, nothing like the on-the-field Manage Only that the Show has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »