Home

EA Sports MMA Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports MMA Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions

What's happening for me is the game is not playing out like a chess match. People are going for a quick win and exploiting things like the teep kick and body shots. I still think stamina is fine but it's very hard to defend the shots.

Either way, online is getting dull.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What's happening for me is the game is not playing out like a chess match. People are going for a quick win and exploiting things like the teep kick and body shots. I still think stamina is fine but it's very hard to defend the shots.

Either way, online is getting dull.
I have almost entirely quit playing online because EA won't fix the button issues. 99% of the issues would not be there if it was TSC controls. Most the issues range from button users having a advantage in the speed department on the feet. The teep kick spam is insane quick and parry won't work on it. Dodging it side to side will only miss one shot then they will land second 99% of time.

Button hookers I am little better against because the ability to move away and let them swing generally will tire them out so you can get the take down. But the problem then lies they just defend, defend, defend on the ground from their guard and the ref will stand you back up to get swung on like a mad man all over again.

I beg and plead for a TSP only setting or something.

Better yet, just charge more stamina for teep kicks and hooks.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #19

OVR: 34

I had some time today to mess with career, a mode I think is awful in this game, but I want to build up my created fighter to compete in ranked matches and fight cards. Career mode is a repetitious mess.

Anyway, I went online because I had a ton of practice in and had a fight against a brown belt who was way above my league, spamming punches to no end. What was frustrating was he would stun me and back off. He could have won earlier in the fight and actually made himself vulnerable at some times.

You just can't compete against a button masher. And EA claimed it wasn't a masher. If you use classic controls, that's all you have to do to dominate.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #20
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I had some time today to mess with career, a mode I think is awful in this game, but I want to build up my created fighter to compete in ranked matches and fight cards. Career mode is a repetitious mess.

Anyway, I went online because I had a ton of practice in and had a fight against a brown belt who was way above my league, spamming punches to no end. What was frustrating was he would stun me and back off. He could have won earlier in the fight and actually made himself vulnerable at some times.

You just can't compete against a button masher. And EA claimed it wasn't a masher. If you use classic controls, that's all you have to do to dominate.
Yep I'm done with this game online. Not being able to filter button users has made this game unplayable and a cheese fest online. Just to put it in perspective run this little experiment against the computer. Pick Brett Rogers and fight Fedor on the highest difficulty level but use TSC. It is a tough fight where any little mistake on your part will cause you to lose or be put in a bad position. Lots of strategy is needed and it plays out like a real fight. Now do the same fight but this time pick the button config. Now just charge in hook spamming non stop. I typically win within one minute by TKO. It is absolutely ridiculous. The online gaming community are some of the most dishonorable folk out there. Which strategy did EA think the guys who just want to pad their record are going to pick.
It really is a shame because against other TSC users this game plays beautifully. Against button spammers it looks like a Toughman competition for the mentally challenged.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

the sick part is i told simon exactly how to fix it. but he refused to even acknowledge the problem. and of course he wouldnt, he is the animation director, it was most likely his oversight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegut
Yep I'm done with this game online. Not being able to filter button users has made this game unplayable and a cheese fest online. Just to put it in perspective run this little experiment against the computer. Pick Brett Rogers and fight Fedor on the highest difficulty level but use TSC. It is a tough fight where any little mistake on your part will cause you to lose or be put in a bad position. Lots of strategy is needed and it plays out like a real fight. Now do the same fight but this time pick the button config. Now just charge in hook spamming non stop. I typically win within one minute by TKO. It is absolutely ridiculous. The online gaming community are some of the most dishonorable folk out there. Which strategy did EA think the guys who just want to pad their record are going to pick.
It really is a shame because against other TSC users this game plays beautifully. Against button spammers it looks like a Toughman competition for the mentally challenged.
EXCELLENT post thegut!! Fully agree. TSC vs TSC is AMAZING, but TSC vs Button is like given button users a 10% speed increase
Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
EXCELLENT post thegut!! Fully agree. TSC vs TSC is AMAZING, but TSC vs Button is like given button users a 10% speed increase
Ugh. This seems like Fight Night all over again. They caved in over the "button pressure." No pun intended.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Ugh. This seems like Fight Night all over again. They caved in over the "button pressure." No pun intended.
Yea it sucks, because the way I look at it is this. 1) I learned play UFC 09 & 10 with buttons and was decent at the game. 2) I learned to play EA MMA with TSC and pretty decent at it.

Bottom line, there is ZERO reason why anyone without some type of disability can't learn to use the TSC. To many just want everything to come easy to them with no learning curve. So what does EA do they, cater and support this.

Just upsets me because I LOVE the game but the amount of button users now is flat out ********. Most have learned it is the only way to compete in the higher rankings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »