Home

Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: New Video on Xbox Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I didn't think the punches looked that slow.

There is only analog punching in FNC. The producer said that it is easier to throw punches with the stick. Are the curved inputs gone for hooks and uppercuts?
This is not true. Buttons are in and so is the Analog sticks. Yes curve inputs are gone. It is a simple flick of the stick. Body modifier to go low.

Read my gameplay blog. Explained in there

Last edited by Phobia; 12-08-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Mind-blowing really. I guess its equivalent to me being CEO of the Barbie dolls corporation. I'd probably make decisions that little girls would hate because i could care less about the product.

The people at EA just don't know what we want, and they don't really care. They've improved the game? yes. But we made lists of things that would improve the game exponentially, most if not all no brainers. Even still some glaring omissions.

Having a man who's never fought more than 4 rounds of boxing and really was just a sideshow freak, the face of the Toughman game back on Genesis, in the game is flabbergasting.
This is why I know for a fact Brizzo and that crew do not know boxing. Butterbean is only the cherry on the top of their braindead decisions.

If you gave me a 10,000 fighters to put in Fight Night...Butterbean would never even enter my thought process.

I usually don't let videogames bother me...but knowing that the moment the roster is released and I look at it and immediately say to myself "where the f is x, y, z, etc..." but I see Butterbean...that just makes me furious.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
This is why I know for a fact Brizzo and that crew do not know boxing. Butterbean is only the cherry on the top of their braindead decisions.

If you gave me a 10,000 fighters to put in Fight Night...Butterbean would never even enter my thought process.

I usually don't let videogames bother me...but knowing that the moment the roster is released and I look at it and immediately say to myself "where the f is x, y, z, etc..." but I see Butterbean...that just makes me furious.
See I don't understand this thought process. First of all they do know boxing pretty well. Second, just because they put in some extra fighters that YOU might not have wanted. What does it harm??

It is no different if I gave you 10 bucks but decided I was going to give you a extra dollar bill. Do you turn down the dollar bill because it is not significant enough for you??? In reality all it does is add to your amount.

The reason this bothers me is you act as if they did not go out and sign other fighters. That they just said "lets get butter bean and call it a night". What does it hurt to have him?? Hell many games add extra weird characters just for the hell of it. Look at Big John in EA MMA or The Tap out crew in UFC2010.

Also what do you mean he "takes a spot". They sign who will sign, plain and simple. You have ZERO way of knowing what Ward or Martinez request to be compensated for. You have no way of knowing the decisions that must be made to bring the title to your hands. Yet you act as if you know the ins and outs of signing major athletes. It is easier to act as if you know the whole routine, but the fact is you don't know.

This also touched a nerve with me not because I went to community day. I am far from a EA apologist. But you have ZERO facts to base any of your thoughts on. Just open bashing with no knowledge of what you are talking about. I don't go around talking as if I know everything about programming and hexeditors, because I don't know. Just the same as you have no idea what it entails to sign these major athletes

Last edited by Phobia; 12-06-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This Butterbean news is more than disappointing. This almost reminds me of the Burger King being included in Round 3. I guess we're supposed to be happy because he actually boxed in some fashion, but it doesn't make any sense that they reached out to this guy to put him in the game. Any idea when we get a full roster list? I'm really curious to see how it's looking now.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #13
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
See I don't understand this thought process. First of all they do know boxing pretty well. Second, just because they put in some extra fighters that YOU might not have wanted. What does it harm??

It is no different if I gave you 10 bucks but decided I was going to give you a extra dollar bill. Do you turn down the dollar bill because it is not significant enough for you??? In reality all it does is add to your amount.

The reason this bothers me is you act as if they did not go out and sign other fighters. That they just said "lets get butter bean and call it a night". What does it hurt to have him?? Hell many games add extra weird characters just for the hell of it. Look at Big John in EA MMA or The Tap out crew in UFC2010.

Also what do you mean he "takes a spot". They sign who will sign, plain and simple. You have ZERO way of knowing what Ward or Martinez request to be compensated for. You have no way of knowing the decisions that must be made to bring the title to your hands. Yet you act as if you know the ins and outs of signing major athletes. It is easier to act as if you know the whole routine, but the fact is you don't know.

This also touched a nerve with me not because I went to community day. I am far from a EA apologist. But you have ZERO facts to base any of your thoughts on. Just open bashing with no knowledge of what you are talking about. I don't go around talking as if I know everything about programming and hexeditors, because I don't know. Just the same as you have no idea what it entails to sign these major athletes
He shouldn't be in the game period. The artists shouldn't be wasting their time creating and rendering him. The budget shouldn't be reduced to include him. If i want him i'll just download from the internet or create him myself.

In boxing especially where its impossible to get a complete roster don't include people who aren't boxers when there are TONS of boxers we'd all rather have.

for example if i see that the Middleweight champ Sergio Martinez isn't in the game then i see that Butterbean IS in the game its going to piss me off tremendously. It shows they're reaching out to the wrong people.

They would be much better off not including him; we wouldn't have that reaction.

Last edited by Vast; 12-06-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Guess I'm the only one who thinks adding Butterbean is kinda funny? I wouldn't mind fighting with/against him a few times. I'm struggling to see the logic on how adding him takes away from the game.
Be true to you, and that way u can never fall
- Tupac Shakur
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLowe
Guess I'm the only one who thinks adding Butterbean is kinda funny? I wouldn't mind fighting with/against him a few times. I'm struggling to see the logic on how adding him takes away from the game.
Myself. You are talking literally only a extremely small fraction of the time spent on making the game went to BB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #16

OVR: 34

Butterbean has been in previous versions. I don't care about that. In fact, he goes down in that video due to body shots. Makes sense to me.

Like Phobia noted, you have to consider what it takes to get certain fighters on a roster for a game. One guy may have requirements that EA simply can't meet. Claiming the addition of Butterbean means they know nothing about boxing is silly. Ali is on the roster, along with many other proven fighters. Does that mean the EA team are boxing genius?

It's way to early to be making assumptions on what they have done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »