Home

Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Video on Xbox Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ01-...layer_embedded#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptester
I am sorry but this games just looks disappointing. Expected so much more. The foot work looks the same, punches are slow and Butterbean what the hell couldn't get someone better.
The only thing I'm really mad about is the footwork. Even Prizefighter had better footwork than this game. The thing that makes Pacman great is that his side to side movement is so great. He'll throw two punches, step right, throw another, step left, throw two more. It doesn't look like this will be represented in this game at all. It's a shame.
Be true to you, and that way u can never fall
- Tupac Shakur
Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree Phobia - while im disappointed Butterbean is in the game, it's not a big deal. I have a solution to my dissatisfaction - Im not using him.

after watching the vid - the knockdowns look dramatically improved and the game looks overall tighter than last year. To me it looks like this game will deliver the goods - gameplay is what Im most concerned about and it looks pretty solid
Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #28

OVR: 34

Now that I have seen it twice, I don't think the punches look slow except for Manny. His head looks like him but it doesn't look like his style. He's seems sluggish and his hands look too big.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLowe
The only thing I'm really mad about is the footwork. Even Prizefighter had better footwork than this game. The thing that makes Pacman great is that his side to side movement is so great. He'll throw two punches, step right, throw another, step left, throw two more. It doesn't look like this will be represented in this game at all. It's a shame.
This was my ONLY complaint after community day. If you have read my blogs you will see I thought the gameplay took a great step in the right direction. Only issue was the footwork. I think this is something to do with the fact no matter how you turn you are ALWAYS facing your opponent 100% dead on. There is no angles to your facing. You can only get off center for a fraction of the time. Which makes using angles and moving side to side on your opponent tough because his punches are always coming straight down the pipe.

Outside of that, the product feels great to me and I miss very badly not playing it. It was extremely fun and even fighting a high class tournament guy such as Term, did not feel like I was not in the fight. It felt really balanced and I hope online can remain this way. There is always exploits to be found, but I think so far it felt really balanced when our time with it.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #30
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Just a hightlight vid, but I see a few improvements. The knockdowns look good. And I saw some overhand punches. But not improving the footwork makes it look like not much has changed. Still looks like a step, step, slug affair.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #31
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

See I thought the punches looked too fast and too many at a time no combinations just wild punches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #32

OVR: 34

What fight night needs to steer away from is this toe to toe brawling that the game favors. Just looking at that video and you can see the tendency of very little footwork and a whole lot of big punches being thrown. The action always migrates to one area of the ring, and the only time you see movement is when one is chasing down another.

Too much is given to brawling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »