Home

Fight Night Champion Legacy Mode Producer Video

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Legacy Mode Producer Video within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Legacy Mode Video

Combos are an attribute...SWEET! That attribute setup w/xp was really cool looking.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Sounds good nothing fancy but it seem like solid upgrades (atleast to someone who enjoyed the mode last year)

I just hope the

1) The CPU generated boxers look more believable (not wearing mix match gear and every other fighter looking alike and the funky looking hair styles.

2) More realistic records for CPU boxers, too many fighters with crazy looking records and you rarely was givin the immersion of a "super fight" too many contenders with 10+ losses not to mention draws...

Its the little things!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

It looks like the sluggish style punching will be back again. Lets at least hope they have authentic looking camera angles this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Me too. Evander Holyfield, a 20-year-old game, even let you have more than one fighter in the career mode.

I really like a lot of the changes they've made to Legacy Mode. I wish there was more like diet, scouting future opponents, more sparring, etc. But it's a leap forward from FNRd4.

One thing I'll continue to bellow, however, is the ability to start a career mode with static attributes. A fighter really doesn't learn to have 1-punch KO power. Usually, they either have it or they don't.
A young Tyson was already blazing fast and powerful in his first pro fight. What made him better by fight 30 was experience.
Sure, a guy can work on things like stamina, defense, combinations, even increase somewhat in speed or power. But you'll never see a guy like Sergio Mora become a big banger.

In Title Fight, I loved how you could own a stable of fighters and you had to deal and work around each fighters weaknesses and strengths. I had a middleweight who had a 4/10 in power, but was pretty good in speed 7/10 and defense 8/10. So going into a fight, I would make sure he fought defensively, avoided big exchanges and generally wore down his opponent.
I still had to train him to get his stamina up and work on the little things. But as his manager, I had to avoid certain styles and make sure he fought to his strengths.

I would absolutely love that in the FN series. Start off with 4 fighters in your stable and weave them through the ranks in order to make them a champ. I would get a lot more satisfaction out of making a champ out of a fighter with limited abilities than I would having a beast and steam rolling to the top.

I hope that these kinds of things are added 2 years from now. I feel that boxing, above all other sports, is one where RPG-style simluation can work best.
Each fighter can have personalities so you have to deal with their laziness, or overzealous nature. Some guys might live in the gym while others want to party and slack off.

But all of this has been mentioned before so I apologize for stearing this conversation off topic.

I really do like a lot of what we see. I'd just like to see it get raised to the next level. Heck, even allowing a few of your buddies to log into your career mode would be great. It'd be awesome to come home from work and see your friend surpassed you in the rankings and just won the Welterweight belt.
That's the next level.
This.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
Everything thing looks pretty good but one thing sticks out.... "Very Stiff Looking Gameplay" the sweet science is all about being fluid and this game is lacking that tremendously.

It just appears that every punch looks very robotic and not fluid, even the movement is stiff.. They need to fix the engine or completely overhaul it.
I agree. The punches still don't seem to land with any power either imo.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #14
Banned

Re: Fight Night Champion Legacy Mode Producer Video

The graphics look very good but I wish EA would figure out a way to get fluid player movement. This lack of fluidity is a problem with most of their sports titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »