Home

When John Madden Speaks, Game Designers Listen w/ Video

This is a discussion on When John Madden Speaks, Game Designers Listen w/ Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
1.Better running....you just dont get a feel that you actually running...its like you in a running animation and the field is the the only thing moving

2.timing matters....how does a 7 step drop equate to a WR's depth down field and the Defenses penetration of the line of scrimmage.....its just doesn't feel real enough

3. Different forms of running....b/c not everyone runs the same

4.Actually make the DB use proper back peddling and proper skill when playing the ball (leaning on WR..arm extended to feel for where the WR is...looking for the ball when the WR does..right now they only look when the ball is may be 5 yards away

5.get rid of SS mode is you not going to get it right....its just a tease and nothing more...you own records indicate no one plays it
Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #18
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: When John Madden Speaks, Game Designers Listen w/ Video

As much as John Madden talked about the "Big Uglies" he should be pushing for them to fix the offensive and defensive line interactions.

That and the DB/WR interactions, the lack of proper IR, the lack of working franchise tags, the inability to trade future picks, the lack of practice squads are but a few things that anyone who has spent time watching the NFL and then playing Madden should notice.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

sorry guys but Madden the game has passed Madden the coach by....wth he blabbing about 3on3, also remember that he's the one who implemented the new play calling mode which makes Madden feel even more scripted. I'm not buying it...redo the engine already!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Everyone appears to be responding that this is Madden's first time he's been consulting on the game.

Last year, people from Tiburon flew out to his home and discussed the game in his mancave.

That might be where this location was as well because he doesn't fly.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #21
Rookie

TMURDER625's Arena

OVR: 1

Look none of dis matters unless EA gets more real with their football games. Its more than just "screen plays & spreads". They are focusing on the wrong things. Madden needs REAL playing results. Player rating that actually have an impact on the game. Sure people will buy madden cuz its the only NFL game out, but until they get it right, EA doesnt have RESPECT for their game, and thats speaks alot...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #22
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Everyone appears to be responding that this is Madden's first time he's been consulting on the game.

Last year, people from Tiburon flew out to his home and discussed the game in his mancave.

That might be where this location was as well because he doesn't fly.
yea i know i heard he has input , but if i remember right the last time he really had imput it was 04 or 05. I tell you one thing i wish i had that setup he has. Daum that is nice
Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMURDER625
Look none of dis matters unless EA gets more real with their football games. Its more than just "screen plays & spreads". They are focusing on the wrong things. Madden needs REAL playing results. Player rating that actually have an impact on the game. Sure people will buy madden cuz its the only NFL game out, but until they get it right, EA doesnt have RESPECT for their game, and thats speaks alot...
i know he talks about his grandchildren and newphews playing the game, i'm sure he gets some input from them if they are hardcore players i'm sure they told him bout the cons of the game.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #24
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

As Roadman, says, this isn't anything new.

I like Madden. I like his approach to wanting to make the game real, but, personally, I'm not 100% sure if I should feel encouraged or not. Last year, I remember them saying that Madden said something to the effect, "The way you call plays is all wrong. You've got too many plays. No coach goes into a game with 300 plays."

A gameday playcall sheet may not have 300 plays on it, but from that suggestion we got chopped up playbooks and Gameflow. Instead of something like a section of "favorites", similar to what another game had.

This year???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »