Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details

Ian Cummings just posted the details for Madden NFL 11 title update #5.

*UPDATE: The patch is still hit or miss ATM. It's up to MS and Sony on when they will push it. Will start a new topic when the patch is readily available for everyone.

Quote:
Hello Madden fans, we are happy to announce the release of our fifth (and likely final) title update for Madden NFL 11, just in time for the holidays. The fixes listed below represent a culmination of all the feedback received from you, the fans, in our loyal community. We'd like to thank you for the continued support and strong attention to detail, as well as, your willingness to contribute in always trying to make Madden NFL a better game. This title update focuses on primarily fixing online exploits and fine-tuning the balance of gameplay by making numerous improvements to defensive AI.

The fixes are as follows:

• Fixed an exploit to disallow defenders from all blitzing when the quarterback tried to pump fake when facing the wrong direction. This was discovered in NCAA Football 11 and fixed in both titles.
• Fixed an exploit where unscrupulous players could get their fullback or tight end to move across the line of scrimmage and cause an encroachment penalty against an unsuspecting defensive player.
• Fixed an exploit where online gamers could use specific timing in pulling the network plug and cause a soft lock for both users, thus not having to face a loss. We've isolated and fixed the problem, so now if someone pulls their plug, they rightfully get a loss.
• Improved reaction times for defenders in coverage to better react to receivers
• Improved logic to get defenders in better position to make plays on the ball while in the air
• Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster
• Tuned up defensive pursuit to get defenders to take smarter angles to the ball carrier
• Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster
• Fixed an issue where the play art on defense would sometimes not show up correctly when showing blitz. We have corrected this problem in thirteen formations so now all proper play art will be displayed when showing blitz to the offense.

Source: Madden NFL 11 Blog via Ian Cummings
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.05 Available, Blog Coming "Soon" (Download is Hit or Miss,

Looking forward to the impressions, maybe I'll buy Madden if it's good enough.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.05 Available, Blog Coming "Soon" (Download is Hit or Miss,

I am really, really shocked. Like, completely floored that this is a serious 5th patch.

Un-friggin' heard of. I don't know what's happened at EA to make them this responsive, but I'm certainly not going to complain. Between the improvements to NCAA this season, Madden spitting out 5 patches, this bodes well for the future of the franchise.

At any rate, thrilled with the changes. Hope this patch works well.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I sold my copy a few weeks ago and haven't really be keeping up with it since. Can someone tell me if they ever fixed the QB Intros? If so, that maybe enough to warrant a repurchase.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Pro

LoWw's Arena

OVR: 9

Is this out for the ps3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I am really, really shocked. Like, completely floored that this is a serious 5th patch.

Un-friggin' heard of. I don't know what's happened at EA to make them this responsive, but I'm certainly not going to complain. Between the improvements to NCAA this season, Madden spitting out 5 patches, this bodes well for the future of the franchise.

At any rate, thrilled with the changes. Hope this patch works well.
I agree this is truly amazing! I can't recall there ever being 5 updates and to specifically address the major online issue.....Defense!

I wish we had some first hand impressions though. Is there no one in the states that has this patch and plays online?>>

Last edited by datruth; 12-10-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster

Quote:
Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster

Oh great, that is the main problem with NCAA 11 right now, when they improved it on that game. Players react too fast, causing pump fakes, counters and Play action to be totally useless because the defensive line and outside linebackers get into the backfield as soon as you snap the ball on running or play action plays.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I sold my copy a few weeks ago and haven't really be keeping up with it since. Can someone tell me if they ever fixed the QB Intros? If so, that maybe enough to warrant a repurchase.
That has already been fixed....

In my Off-Line Franchise I never heard unique QB intro's, but after the last patch it works.

Infact in year 3 of my franchise, I was playing as Tom Brady against Matt Cassel and the announcer talked about how Cassel used to work as Brady's back-up, and had his break out year when Tom got injured, yadd yadda yadda.

Anyways, as far as the new patch, great news, pleasent surprise.

But now I gotta tweak my custom sliders which were perfect. Thats kind of a bummer...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »