Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

Ian, Donny and Josh discuss the future of Madden, mostly talking about Franchise mode, but also touch on quite a few other things.

What did you like/dislike about the latest podcast?

Here are a couple of links.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Podcast #3

I'll try to listen this from work
Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

They plan to have franchise mode like Head Coach but in the future. Definately got the impression M12 isn't going to have an amazing franchise mode. Everything they said about franchise mode was future and long term goal.
Very scary to hear the abuse Josh Looman gets from the Ultimate team crowd.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah basically I will sum up the whole podcast. Long term goals. So in the end looks like franchise mode won't get a face lift until probably Madden 14 or Madden 15, since they kept saying it takes 3 years to put that kind of thing in.

Digital route planned....expanding their base again.....I don't see how much further they can expand Madden, the game is already on every device so far but android phones.

I wish they would put Head Coach into Madden though, even half of it would do, that game was a thinking man's game. Oh and I remember Quarterback Club, that was a pretty fun game back in the day.

Hmmm what else.......Time was the big theme of the podcast. They kept talking about that they don't have enough time to do this and that.

From what I am seeing, EA is heading more towards the money making route with add on's since they seen how much money people spent on FIFA add on's.

SO I expect Madden Ultimate team to be even bigger next year with probably even more add on features to buy.

But Donny, I think it was Donny who said it, he was funny when told the guy well buy another copy of madden and another and another and another until you can get connected online.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Here is what I got out of it, at least for franchise mode.

One word: immersion. That' is Josh's and Danny's goal for franchise mode. They noticed that was the result of HC. Yeah, it's going to take awhile to get everything in from HC to Madden.

Also, HC is the standard of what they want for franchise in Madden. If 30% of the stuff was imported on yearly basis from HC, I'd be a happy camper. I didn't expect, as Donny stated, a flip of the switch, and poof, in one year we have HC in franchise mode.

Also, sounds like MUT is a big hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah kind of funny that MUT is a big hit. I only played it once and it wasn't for me. Even more funny how people cheat in MUT. Not that serious......

I don't know why people make it their goal to cheat in any and every game, game mode there is. What's the point of playing then if you going to cheat to win ?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Seeing as the HC code is already there I would think a year with a decent sized team and unlimited overtime would get it done but that's a very big check and the suits clearly have their eyes on $online$.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah sounds like the old next gen madden team screwed us when is comes to franchises mode and they basically have to from scratch now :P At least there using Head Coach as a base so thats a great start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »