Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Podcast #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Seeing as the HC code is already there I would think a year with a decent sized team and unlimited overtime would get it done but that's a very big check and the suits clearly have their eyes on $online$.

Yeah that's the thing, if they hired more people, they could get in done in 1 cycle. But from the way Ian, Josh and Donny were talking, their team is even smaller now then what it was when they did Madden 09. Too much downsizing going on.

I mean if you go from a team lets say of 100 people down to 35 or 40 people.......That's a lot of resources gone to work with.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Podcast #3

Disappointing to hear. I think most reasonable people understand that Head Coach won't be fully implemented in a year, but if the Franchise Mode doesn't have some kind of enhanced functionality next year, then there's no point in my investing in them until their investment in Franchise Mode bears a little more fruit.

That mode is the only reason I've played throughout the years. If that mode isn't a priority, then I suppose it's not the game for me anymore and I'll spend my hard-earned dollars elsewhere.

While I acknowledge their "future plans" (and while some may be encouraged by this alone), it matters little to me until they actually deliver. It's just been too long regardless of reason.

My .02.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

Haven't been able to listen yet, but these responses have me thinking EA is in no hurry to beef up Franchise mode. MUT is the game's money maker. EA has recently said as much in this article...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1138974p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
Banned

Blue Line's Arena

OVR: 2
this is bad.....period.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I'm optimistic about franchise mode in Madden 12. We already know that 12 is basically going to be the year of the franchise. Its been stated before by one of the devs.

We wont get everything from HC in 12 of course, but they're going to start ADDING in 12 no doubt. With that being said, we'll see more in franchise next year than what we've seen in the previous years.

Dont worry about it, we'll be fine.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Haven't been able to listen yet, but these responses have me thinking EA is in no hurry to beef up Franchise mode. MUT is the game's money maker. EA has recently said as much in this article...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1138974p1.html
That is a sad day for the future. That is the problem now with this generation of gaming, too much focus on online and none for offline. Games are getting shorter and shorter.

If they going to go that route then they need to drop the price of their games then. $60 is too much for just online play focus only.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I like the talk about overall rating. I hope the implement it the way the had it in head coach, the rating depend on the scheme your team ran...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
At the very least, they need to allow users the ability to move to different teams within Franchise mode. It's ridiculous that unless you go with multiple team control, you are stuck with the team you select for Franchise for the duration of the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »