Home

SSX Deadly Descents Trailer, Screenshots and Info

This is a discussion on SSX Deadly Descents Trailer, Screenshots and Info within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: SSX Deadly Descents Trailer, Screenshots and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Willing to give it a fair shot, as it was just a CGI trailer, but the direction sucks IMO.

The thing about SSX was the over the top tricks and goofy characters. It's what made it a blast to play.

Making what looks like a military snowboarding game and slapping the SSX name on it to sell copies isn't what I was expecting.

Agreed a billion times. I just watched this trailer and got a very bad vibe immediately. Do I need a darker grittier SSX? I know it's cool to make everything dark and gritty these days but I like my SSX being over the top. What a damn shame to wait this long for a new SSX and to see this as the direction.

Great job EA.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Willing to give it a fair shot, as it was just a CGI trailer, but the direction sucks IMO.

The thing about SSX was the over the top tricks and goofy characters. It's what made it a blast to play.

Making what looks like a military snowboarding game and slapping the SSX name on it to sell copies isn't what I was expecting.
yeah the trailier did nothing for me at all. I don't really care for the CGI trailers anyway, but at least they usually pump me up some. This did little.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #20
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

This looks and sounds like an action game instead of a snowboarding game.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Some details from EGM:
  • Rewind Feature
  • 17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain rideable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth. The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.
  • Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.
  • Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.
  • The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.
  • Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)
  • There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts, some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

Last edited by Flawless; 01-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »