Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Madden NFL 11 title update #5 is available now for everyone to download on their PS3 or 360 (no longer hit or miss). Please post your impressions here.

For those that missed out on the details of the title update, click here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

so i gave up tryna go to sleep and just fired up the madden on the ps3 and the patch is up (4:35 central time)

EDIT: ok maybe im tripping it is 5 a.m. but when tryin to call audibles quickly (the user ones) it seems to occasionally not respond.....on a positive the cpu run defense has improved

Last edited by Hailtodemskins; 12-14-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just got the 4MB patch, gonna play a couple games of my Eagles season with default sliders on my skill level, will post impressions soon!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Downloaded the patch very impressed with the D backs are being covered out of the backfield in man d..no more deep ball lobs computer is making plays on the ball. Early but it looks like they did a good job. Also seeing some slick tackling where the guy just runs up and drops his shoulder on the ball-carrier for a nice big hit. Also seeing better angles at the QB when a man comes free.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Patch is very good for defense. I have played a half of 15 minute quarters and no score on each side.

That is with my sliders. D-backs are smarter and run game is tougher in terms of LB's breaking blocks

I am going back to the slider bin and make changes. Not to many because it seems like this patch is compatible with my sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

ps3
default sliders
All Pro
modes played since the patch;
franchise and practice

vs the AI,

offense-
heightend sense of urgency in the pocket, the ai is commin' every down
when running the ball i think its best that u run up the gut first before running counters/sweeps/offtackles, be very patient, its very rewarding!

defense-
still seems as though the ai cant run the ball on default sliders, but they are very good when they get in the redzone
i was only bringging blitzes on 1st and 3rd downs, i noticed that if the qb sits in the pocket, then he will make an errant throw (and unlike ncaa, 9/10 its a costly throw) but if he can buy time and escape the pocket, then its either an int or a sack for a biiiig loss

special teams

the ai can return kicks!!! like fa'real!!! lol seems like they may have screw'd with the pursuit angles on punts/kickoffs a little too, i was getting decent returns, but it was still tuff and not as easy like it was prior to the patch

overrall
i dont think they messed anything up or broke anything with this patch, sure guys are gonna have to tweek their sliders some, but nothing too drastic i dont think, now imma go nap, next up, online play lol
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Zone coverage has improved, some what......

Deep ball is open all game long. Linebackers and corners sit on the 5 yard and 10 yard out routes, but that is basically the only routes they cover is the underneath short stuff. Any play that is a streak or post route beyond 10 yards and it is 1 on 1 coverage. Safeties be too shallow.

Counters don't work, get blown up in the backfield

Toss runs don't work, defenders get in the backfield too fast

Running out of the shotgun don't work, blown up in the backfield.

DT, DE and at least 1 linebacker gets into the backfield 2 seconds after you snap the ball and that is on NON BLITIZING PLAYS.

Every time I snap the ball with Brady 2 linemen are instantly in my face.

The only running plays that has a chance of working is the dives and power O.

From what I seen only one game, the only thing this patch did was eliminate the cheese plays passes that goes out to the RBs, FBs and 5 yard out routes people do online. Streaks, deep post routes, hell anything deep open all day.

If you can avoid the rush, which I hope people have gotten good with the evade stick and have a speedy WR, it will be bombs away. 1 on 1 coverage, the DB always get beat.

All Madden Play now against the Jags.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Zone coverage has improved, some what......

Deep ball is open all game long. Linebackers and corners sit on the 5 yard and 10 yard out routes, but that is basically the only routes they cover is the underneath short stuff. Any play that is a streak or post route beyond 10 yards and it is 1 on 1 coverage. Safeties be too shallow.

Counters don't work, get blown up in the backfield

Toss runs don't work, defenders get in the backfield too fast

Running out of the shotgun don't work, blown up in the backfield.

DT, DE and at least 1 linebacker gets into the backfield 2 seconds after you snap the ball and that is on NON BLITIZING PLAYS.

Every time I snap the ball with Brady 2 linemen are instantly in my face.

The only running plays that has a chance of working is the dives and power O.

From what I seen only one game, the only thing this patch did was eliminate the cheese plays passes that goes out to the RBs, FBs and 5 yard out routes people do online. Streaks, deep post routes, hell anything deep open all day.

If you can avoid the rush, which I hope people have gotten good with the evade stick and have a speedy WR, it will be bombs away. 1 on 1 coverage, the DB always get beat.

All Madden Play now against the Jags.
Ok, makes sense. I don't play or test on All Madden where the CPU has definitive advantages.

Will be testing on ALL-Pro in about 30 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »