Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I was very impressed with the sliders. I played on all-pro, 5 min quarters and won 20-10. Each RB got 5.0 YPC. Both QB's struggled in the snow. As someone mentioned before, the only thing I noticed that needs fixed is that quick pass audible doesn't work sometimes.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

Second game....seen this a lot in the 1st game and now seeing it in the second game now too. Defense seems to go for the strip A LOT now. Which is resulting in a lot of throw down tackle animations when your player holds on to the ball and a higher number of face masks because being that they going for the strip every play, if you put your head down, they grabbing your face mask instead.

Slants seem to be open more, mainly because like I said the defenders are all along the sidelines now covering the flares & out routes. But man if you thought the D was blitz happy before, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Even when they not blitzing the dline seem to go through your offensive line with relatively ease........That swim move is even more ramped up by the cpu. And I swear the linebackers seem to have 4.0 speed

They are able to go from standing 4 yards off the line, to in your backfield on your running back as soon as you say hike and start to hand the ball off. And that was on a shotgun run.

But yet let you throw a slant route over the middle and the linebackers seem to be running in wet cement, go figure. I mean they just don't get beat on the slant, they get BEAT pretty bad.

I can see this patch is really geared towards online play and stopping the run, flares and out passes. Dline and linebackers have been juiced up to the 8th degree.

For all those who wanted 2 seconds in the pocket, you wish has been granted, because that is all you going to get, dline cuts through your offensive line like a hot knife through butter. No resistance at all.

They do that swim move and they on you. I even see 2 lineman do it at the same time and both of them got through, I was like wow they just destroyed my blind side already.

Sliders going to be re-adjusted that is for sure....And you going to find yourself having to hold back when it comes to passing.....

deep routes & slants are exploitable. too much 1 on 1 covering going on with no safety help or when the safety does help he comes too late and you will find yourself off to the end zone by the time he comes.

So I guess the cpu AI strategy for beating you now is trying to strip you and cause you to make turnovers in the running game. They go for it A LOT, so cover up that ball when you running.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Not so sure you will be able to get deep if you call the right D you will coverage...the deep ball is not automatic unless you in the wrong d as it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Any impressions on Play Action, Option Read, and PA Read plays?

Specifically, does Madden now have the PA insta-sack issue that NCAA had?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFL3RD
Not so sure you will be able to get deep if you call the right D you will coverage...the deep ball is not automatic unless you in the wrong d as it should be.
I don't pick the CPU defensive plays.....It is the cpu fault for getting beat not mines.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

I only played a couple snaps in practice mode before I left for work.

I didn't see much improvement on defense for me to get scared running my money plays online.
I did notice running seemed easier, counters and pulls were a lot more effective than in the last patch. My olineman seemed to stick on the dl longer than yesterday.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #15
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I don't pick the CPU defensive plays.....It is the cpu fault for getting beat not mines.
That's because of the CPU's abuse of Cover 0 schemes and 8 man blitzes.

The CPU is flat out awful without custom gameplans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any impressions on Play Action, Option Read, and PA Read plays?

Specifically, does Madden now have the PA insta-sack issue that NCAA had?
I wouldn't say instant sack, but it either ends up in a sack or loss on the play due to how fast the defense goes through your front line. Defense isn't fooled by it at all.

Running from the shot gun is non existent.

The cpu offense can't execute a screen play to save their life it seems. Out of 20 attempts, the cpu only successfully did 2 of them. Their RB's and WR's drop the ball way too much on screen plays when they wide open.

Seen a couple of instances of the cpu RB cutting back to the middle of the field when he had a wide open space on the outside, but he cut back to the middle of the field where it was crowded.

Over all this patch is I don't know how to describe it. The cpu defense don't play smarter, they are just faster now, especially on running plays, they get to that ball carrier pretty darn quick like a heat seeking misslile.

So that aspect of it, yeah you won't be averaging 5 or more yards a carry, you will be lucky to get 1 now. Flats are and out routes are covered better.

But on the other hand the middle of the field is even more wide open and deep routes are open too. So if you can avoid that bersker rush the defense has, you can have an excellent passing day going deep and over the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »