Home

OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition!

This is a discussion on OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 AM   #17
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
No way in hell that is going to happen anytime soon (bolded item). That is a major, major project.
4 announcing crews would be a bit much, but a second crew for regional games would be nice, with Brad & Kirk doing national games, and non-televised games going back to PA-announcer only like in last gen. You had to earn those TV games!

Then improve the AI of the announcers so they make context sensitive comments by mentioning interesting details about the game, player stats, team history etc... It's all RIGHT THERE in the game stats for the announcers to talk about!

And in terms of presentation, instead of a handful of canned animations for field entrances, end of game "handshakes" etc that we see over and over and over again, how about individual AI for the players that continues to take effect not just during plays, but when the play is over, including before and after the game. Let those guys run out of the tunnel, celebrate, etc based on their own individual tendencies.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7
this game will always be a good game for the college football season and a small bit to eat. and a game to were you play till madden comes out. madden will always be the better game. madden is more realistic, players play life like. and it's always updated. and feel and looks like real football. what madden is is what NcAA should have been. but it will never be. so it's pointless to be talking about nCAA when it's the same game with a new feature here and there. with a updated roster and ranking changes. they never do in season update which kills the game. so this game will remain the same. while madden will always be better.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
I know he won't really discuss 12, but special teams need some work. they need the swinging door formation the wall formation, the ability to actually block punts and field goals, overhead snaps and rugby style punts. it may be cheese to some, but IRL teams put there fastest cb on corners to block field goals and punts we should be able to do that and get results.

on defense other than improving the play books, instead of puttin you line in zones the audible should be stunts or get rid of the L2 adjustments and make them for line and backer stunts it should be L2 and left stick is line stunts and L2 and right stick linebacker stunts
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #20
Rookie

AuburnChick's Arena

OVR: 0

Seriously guys? They are hosting a Designer from the game, which is a great opportunity to find out more about the Design process as a whole, and all yall do is complain, complain, complain. Coooome on. If you don't like the game, go work there, and change it yourself.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Ask what their target demographic is for NCAA Football. I know it's more of a marketing question, but I'd hope everyone involved with the project would know the answer to that question.

I'm curious to see whether EA still feels like they are selling sports games to children/teens seeking a fun/arcade game or adults seeking a simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnChick
Seriously guys? They are hosting a Designer from the game, which is a great opportunity to find out more about the Design process as a whole, and all yall do is complain, complain, complain. Coooome on. If you don't like the game, go work there, and change it yourself.
Don't get star struck.....IF you really wanted to know about the process, major in it in college like I did 10 years ago.

OR

If you have Xbox Live, sign up for their Indie game designer program. It's free to sign up and all the BASIC classes are free, the more advance classes you have to be a premium member, which is I think is $50.

But it is good stuff though if you really want to know about the design process. They teach you how to make an xbox game from start to finish. Very well done for free I must say.

Not only that, but you can make a game and actually have it on xbox live under the Indie section and get paid real money.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #23
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden sucks.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19
What bothers me the most is that "Time" is often mentioned as an affect on NCAA developement.
And with the College football season over (Bowl Games aside), there should be a greater dialog between the community and the Dev's.

Yes, one will be on the OS Radio show. But if it is just to express what he/they can't talk about yet, how does that help the game?

It's not until the Spring that things start to come out, but that's when we hear "it's too late in the developement cycle to include that, maybe next year"

From year to year, the community identifies so many things that hurt/help the game, and every year we do the "Drip-Drop" info release at the conclusion of the season, then the big "Marketing" splash during the spring.

Again, if the "Time" is a factor that shortens things, then this is not too early (as I know some folks wiil say) to address some of the things communicated on the game last year as those things pertain to this year.

Simply communicating:
Hey, about the Coaching carousel, we're having some implementation issues. It might/might not make it, but we're trying....

The issues with the Special Teams, we were able to make some adjustments, so 2012 will be different....

We've tighten up the interaction between OL/DL and WR/DB with more animations....

These suggestions communicated last year to improve Dynasty Mode were included, but these although good were not able to be included in 2012....

My point is that these Podcast and Radio shows never touch on things communicated by the community from last years game. They never address some of the great suggestions and findings whether they can/are included in the next years version.

It always about what they've already decided to do with the game (with such a short time frame), then we're stringed along as though our suggestions are really on the table to include.

**We do the same thing at my job. Department financials (Extra FTE's, raises etc..) have to be in to Region by October, so that budgets for the next year finacial plans can be established.

Yet, employee evaluations (which affect promotions and pay raises) are done in December. So any pay increase mustbe done by October and submitted without an evaluation. It's already been decided, then we bring the employee's in to make it seem like they had some say in the decision.

It is, what it really is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »