Home

MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #25
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011

Unless I see the game took a major step backwards for some unforseen reason, I will be picking this up over MLB 11-The Show.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Show. It might be my favorite sports game. I invested so much time in 08,09, and 10. That I don't really know if I want to start my RTTS or Franchise all over again this spring. Not enough changed for me from 09 to 10. I felt like I was doing the same thing over again. Thats not a bad thing, because its a superb game. Its just all that time I had invested in the previous title was gone, and I felt the upgrade may not have warranted it.

So I am hoping 2k polished things up, tightened up the gameplay, and expanded "my player" a bit. I will purchase 2k11 the day it comes out. I'll give it a good couple months. Put down The Show 10 during this span, and see what 2k11 is made of.
If it doesn't do it for me, then make the decision if I just want to continue with MLB10, or salvage whatever I can get for both them, and pick up MLB 11-The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #26
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I just hope the PS3 game is more serviceable this year.
I can't recommend the PC version highly enough. A very good game on PC IMHO.

I can't wait to grab 2k11.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #27
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

There has been some marginal improvements, but this franchise mode is lacking and needs a strong showing this year.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #28
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
2K did a fantastic job in the pitching camera options. The Show really needs to add a similar system so you can recreate virtually any camera angle.

I personally loved 2K's batting angle. It really helped my eye. Combined that and a more responsive pitch speed slider I would actually get walks. One game I had 7! It's something I've never been able to do in the Show due to a combination of the hitting camera angle, fast pitch speeds (even 0 on the slider is a little too fast for me in the Show while 55 was perfect for me in 2K10) and my slower reflexes.

2K does need to add a much better fielding camera. It was garbage - too close up. The Show does a much better job in this department. Of course 2K also needs to totally overhaul fielding so we actually see errors this year. I will be extremely pissed if I don't see injuries and errors this year.
Definitely agree about the hitting angle in 2k11. It helped my eye so much. For the first time, I could draw walks pretty well. I mean, in my player mode, I didn't get nearly as many walks as other hitters, but I still got a decent amount of walks, and this was really the first baseball game that I've played that I could draw walks in.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #29
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Totally agree. It was too easy to pitch once you got used to it. 2K10 was fun but would have been so much better if you had a pitch accuracy slider.

Furthermore the cpu used the contact swing too often resulting in too few HRs, even with cpu power at 100. A big part of this problem is that there is way too much of a difference between the contact and power swing. The Show probably doesn't have enough of a gap but 2K10's gap is way too large.
I liken many things in last years game between mvp 03/04...getting there...a little wonky. I think this year will be better...I just get the feeling the franchise mode issues will still be there.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I just hope there isnt a list of 45+ bugs for this years game as well.

I also hope they include animations for errors and injuries, since woops! They forgot to do that lat year.

I am staying away from this game like the plague untill I read up on it before shoveling another $60 into the trash on a MLB 2K game.

\Rant.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I liken many things in last years game between mvp 03/04...getting there...a little wonky. I think this year will be better...I just get the feeling the franchise mode issues will still be there.
2K10 was fun but there were so many things that they needed to fix I don't think it will be possible to correct all of them for 2K11. Only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #32
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Hmmmmm....there are so many things I want to say about there being no info or anything but lets face it, its not exactley something we arent used to from this paticular dev crew and company. I am optimistic, but gald I have oprions, especially since another company fixed all the prblems that kept me interested in this game. Still, I am optimistic for 2k11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »