Home

Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4TV)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4TV) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4

I'm thinking it's the challenge of getting the framerate to run smoothly. Constant sudden jumps would tend to slow things down some. It's too much to process and deliver.

But seeing that sluggish footwork, and it being Manny, really is a downer for me and just brings me back to how it hurt FN4 in a big way.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #18
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
I simply don't understand why the footwork is always so slow with these FN games. I feel like it's been a major problem since Round 2 when the footwork was a lot faster. The problem is that EA is claiming they are making all these changes and that every fight is different, but with the slow footwork, the fights are pretty much all the same. Slow methodical slugfests on the inside. I DON'T WANT THAT! It gets old. There is NO variety right now in fights. The only variety is whether you're coming forward slowly or the CPU is. I should be able to move laterally, punch from angles, and actually have it make a difference. I'd like to be able to move out of the way fast if a guy is coming at me close to the ropes. Sure I would expect that to drain my stamina over a while but that's to be expected. I hope they tune this footwork speed or something or this sh!t is gonna feel REAL arcadey. With the lack of boxers, it would be pointless FOR ME to buy it.
It's for this reason and a few others mentioned that I'll be passing on FNC. I'm just not seeing anything at all worth a purchase. Hell it might not even get gameflied. Whenever they completely revamp movement/footwork and this starts looking like boxing and not rock em sock em robots disguised as licensed boxers - I'll buy it.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

damn it - still cant see it, at work- any chance someone can post the vid on here??? thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #20

OVR: 34

Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

thank you so much Dave!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
It's for this reason and a few others mentioned that I'll be passing on FNC. I'm just not seeing anything at all worth a purchase. Hell it might not even get gameflied. Whenever they completely revamp movement/footwork and this starts looking like boxing and not rock em sock em robots disguised as licensed boxers - I'll buy it.
Yeah, it's just so frustrating because it they just found a way to make the footwork faster so you're not looking like you're walking in mud, this would make a world of difference. EA has been working on some dumb crap for their 2011. Madden 2011 was basically a fail because while Gameflow is ok, nobody really cared, they should have worked on franchise. Elite 2011 didn't have time. Now fight night champion they're basically tweaking gameplay and throwing in this story driven champion stuff which sounds cool but not if the gameplay suffers the SAME problems as the past two iterations basically. Unacceptable.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #23
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

The more i see this game in action the more i hate it. Look at the footwork from 0:54 to 0:57 seconds. Gross.

I really really really really really really really hope that there is a footwork speed slider in this game.

Last edited by Vast; 12-16-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Yeah..lol..I was laughing.
loved it too.....I WANT THAT SHIRT!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »