Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Video: Demo Details with Ed Martin (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Video: Demo Details with Ed Martin (Gamespot) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Video: Demo Details with Ed Martin (Gamespot)

did anyone else get the impression that we were looking at a next gen version of Nascar Heat/Dirt to Daytona?

Game looked really good. The things you can tune for the car are Wow! Especially enjoyed seeing Jimmie Johnson's car all torn up, even though it was user controlled.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
Rookie

seeuatthemovies's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm so stoked!!! These guys at Eutechnyx really seem to have it together.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

What I've seen is impressive. However I think the game will be half of what we really want. I think it will be partially sim oriented. Solid visually and dynamically but fall short in the career mode. I don't have any quotes to post but from the interviews I've heard/read its going to be a barebones in the career mode with limited options and minimal depth. I also read that tuning the cars will also be somewhat limited.

I'm hoping that they nail what does go into the game because strong sales could drive this game into a two, three or more year venture that could yield us a comprehensive title that accomplishes what we really wanted all along.

I fell in to the F1 trap by expecting a complete package the first time around. Won't do it again.

If this game comes out and only needs minor tweaks and only lacks depth it should be fine. If it the game drops full of bugs and game breaking glitches I doubt it makes it to year two or more.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I also read that tuning the cars will also be somewhat limited.
From the Gamespot video tuning the cars look to be very deep, so I'm not sure where you read that.

From seeing that video, my interest in this game rose. The paint scheme editor is a great addition, but brings forward some questions. Will you be able to download other peoples work? Can you edit the drivers fire-suits?

The damage looks very realistic, something we have lacked for years with EA's game.

I would like to see more about career mode, but from what I have seen so far this game is a first week buy for me.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Based on what I've read on their website forums, the career mode this time out will be fairly basic. You either choose a driver, or create one yourself, and race through the season for points. Their vision is to ensure the action on the track is authentic first.

So there won't be anything fancy regarding career mode, but they have communicated their interest in adding other series and career mode options in later iterations.

This being their first time out, I don't mind this approach at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #22
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Based on what I've read on their website forums, the career mode this time out will be fairly basic. You either choose a driver, or create one yourself, and race through the season for points. Their vision is to ensure the action on the track is authentic first.

So there won't be anything fancy regarding career mode, but they have communicated their interest in adding other series and career mode options in later iterations.

This being their first time out, I don't mind this approach at all.
Bingo. Get the racing stuff figured out first, and then dig deeper. I dont have an issue either. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Well I'm in agreement with you guys. I want more but if they can nail what they do put out it will a great start.

As of now I plan to pick the game up early. Maybe after the first week. I just don't want to shelve it like I had to do with F1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »