Home

Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Who is producing this?? WWE Films??
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is dumb on several levels.

1. The plot is dumb, and I don't think people are gonna want to pay to see a movie about some guy who is afraid of a video game. It's like wanting to go pay and see a movie about some weird kid wanting to go from North Dakota all the way to California to play SMB 3 against some *** with a Powerglove.

2. I'm not sure John Madden will approve of this. Them making a movie called "Madden Curse" would be like them making the whole thing official, they are giving validity to it. I don't think John Madden is going to want his name or legacy tied into something like that.

3. It's marketing in the worst way, making somebody pay to watch an advertisement. And it says alot about EA, about Madden NFL, and how seriously we should the company and the game if they are willing to take what should be a hardcore football game for diehard fans and reduce it to satire.

I hope on everything this exclusive liscense ends, and we can finally get a good NFL football simulation from somebody who really is trying to focus on making a good NFL football simulation, not somebody who consistantly makes a mockery of it.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie

Why is this really surprising? We all knew that EA will do anything to make an extra dime. A documentary might be interesting but how can you make an actual comedy film out of this. I agree it sounds like a train wreck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
LOL. This is gonna be hilarious in a good & maybe bad way
Old 12-21-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

As a documentary, maybe. As an actual movie, yea good luck.

"In other news EA looks for 10 new ways to make more money not caring for their fan base and apparently their image either."

― Plato
Old 12-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 33
I can't help but feel that if EA stopped trying to milk the Madden name for all it's worth, by creating versions on every possible electronic device, we might actually have a decent game. Now they want to make a movie.

I have an alternative plot idea for 'Madden Curse'. How about a movie about the cursed consumer who year in & year out are promised so much from Madden but receive so little.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22
How about making... a game, instead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double C
How about making... a game, instead?
Ha ha! Good one. If the movie was a spoof then it might be okay, ala Dodgeball. Madden might be willing to bless it if the said Cursee finds himself subjected to the curse but manages to overcome it, then rides off into the sunset with the heroine (played by the Dallas cheerleaders. All of 'em).

I think I'd still wait for the DVD release, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »