Home

Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 Review

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 Review within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 Review

Most sports text-sims can be broken down into essentially two sections: the front-office management and the on-court management. Likewise, much of this review about Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2 (DDSPB2) will discuss those two aspects of the game. The game is an amazing, if overwhelming, representation of the former. The latter, however, leaves much to be desired.

Read More - Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 Review
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 Review

Very entertaining review. I run a football simulated sports website, http://deeproute.com , and your review helped me focus on some things I need to improve with our game.

I appreciate your detailed take on the game. It sounds fun... if you can find 30 other people.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
Very entertaining review. I run a football simulated sports website, http://deeproute.com , and your review helped me focus on some things I need to improve with our game.

I appreciate your detailed take on the game. It sounds fun... if you can find 30 other people.
Glad I could help bro. Lemme know when you get the football one going, I'd love to take a gander and I'm sure we could get the review up for you?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8
As the graphical designer of DDSPB2, I'm happy to see that you liked the interface

I disagree with one of the points that you see as negative: "The finances can be overwhelming".

I understand that they could be overwhelming for a casual NBA fan, but the public that usually likes and plays sports text sims usually demands that kind of detailed simulation "off the court" where this game shines as one of the most complete General Manager sports sims. So that "negative" thing is probably one of it's best sales pitch

Good overall review anyway, hope those who want a more realistic and deeper GM simulation than the one offered by console basketball games will at least give the demo a try.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Icy]
As the graphical designer of DDSPB2, I'm happy to see that you liked the interface

I disagree with one of the points that you see as negative: "The finances can be overwhelming".

I understand that they could be overwhelming for a casual NBA fan, but the public that usually likes and plays sports text sims usually demands that kind of detailed simulation "off the court" where this game shines as one of the most complete General Manager sports sims. So that "negative" thing is probably one of it's best sales pitch

Good overall review anyway, hope those who want a more realistic and deeper GM simulation than the one offered by console basketball games will at least give the demo a try.
I wish I had half the graphical talent as you do. Beautiful game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

I have to concur. The reason one would be a fan of for this kind of game is for the depth. It's truly a game where you really have to use your wit. My only problem with the game is the flow. Sometimes, I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. Otherwise, I wish this was the franchise backbone of the console titles.

Outstanding job!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

I agree, I absolutely love the financial model. I only wish console games would go this in-depth. Ofcourse, I love GM sports games too.

Any idea if the game will get a holiday/all-star break/playoff sale? I'd love to get some of my friends into the game, but they see the price of entry and are put off. I can tell them until I'm blue in the face that it's worth it, but you know how some ppl are. I think if they really got into it, they would love it but it's keeps coming back to price and the demo isn't doing it for them.

Thx for this game either way.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 12-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I usually like college games the most, so I played the college years for well, years. Looking to get back in the text to sim genre. This may be it, any other good games or college based games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »