Home

Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer

Its gonna be great, my goodness its gonna be great. I'm drooling thinking about this **** lol. What was that stated earlier? They have two types of stamina aerobic and anaerobic (spell check that one lol) I'm knockin jaws loose when this game releases.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Its gonna be great, my goodness its gonna be great. I'm drooling thinking about this **** lol. What was that stated earlier? They have two types of stamina aerobic and anaerobic (spell check that one lol) I'm knockin jaws loose when this game releases.
Me to creep. I am feigning for the game again
Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Looks interesting.

But as a hardcore boxing fan, I would've loved to have seen this type of drama and emotion somehow merged into Legacy mode.
Exactly! Why have 2 modes that now need work? Andre Bishop could've just been a selectable boxer in legacy mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i like it but would rather see my own guy go through the motion of that. I may play it as long as I have control over his type of training what type of boxer i want him to become. So if I want to make him a slugger instead of a boxer hopefully the story changes up some.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8
yea...im confused...so is that a standalone mode? Or can my CAF do that as well?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i like it but would rather see my own guy go through the motion of that. I may play it as long as I have control over his type of training what type of boxer i want him to become. So if I want to make him a slugger instead of a boxer hopefully the story changes up some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
yea...im confused...so is that a standalone mode? Or can my CAF do that as well?
Yes it is two stand alone modes.

We asked and knew the community would have issues with not allowing CAF or your own boxer into the story. EA already thought of this and was stuck having to make a decision.

If they wanted to have a true "movie" like story they would have to have all the characters in that story to be EA made characters. Because it would be extremely out of place if the whole story was set in "the hood", you have a black momma, black brother, and then you have some user created white as paper nerd looking boxer. It would throw the whole immersion out the window.

So instead EA made the tough decision to bring in real actors (You guys will know some of them). Also had a Hollywood writer, write the story. So to keep it all together they just created all the characters.

Guys I am not joking, the parts we got to play were soooo damn cool. I was so pumped to see this included in the game. We have never had the pleasure of having a "GTA IV" style story in a sports game. I wanted to play the entire story while I was there.

The best part is, it does not take away from the game in any way. It is just a extra addition. Another words everyone will still play their legacy and online, but they can also play through this single player story mode. They wanted to try something completely new. All I know is it had me very excited!!!

Last edited by Phobia; 12-22-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

no wonder why the guy is from prison...

This company never fails to amaze me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
no wonder why the guy is from prison...

This company never fails to amaze me.
Why? I don't understand. Because I was not explaining the story. I was just using a example of how it would contrast with created fighters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »