Home

Top 49 Madden NFL 11 Plays with Average Yards Gained, The Ultimate Cheese List?

This is a discussion on Top 49 Madden NFL 11 Plays with Average Yards Gained, The Ultimate Cheese List? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Top 49 Madden NFL 11 Plays with Average Yards Gained, The Ultimate Cheese List?

Per Ian Cummings Twitter feed. All based off of real players, not AI.

Quote:
"This is pretty awesome...I got an export of all plays run (ever) in Madden 11, and their avg yards gained. Top 50."

It's actually 49 Ian.

Ian goes on in his Twitter feed, stating the top play has only been run 14 times.

Quote:
"That version of FL Drag Under has apparently only been called like 14 times, with 2 interceptions."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Top 50 Madden NFL 11 Plays with Average Yards Gained

This is pretty cool. My favorite is number 30, but there is one thing very telling that I hope is addressed. There's only one play-action play on the whole list.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

That is pretty cool. I guess the FL Drag Under is that much better than the rest. Not many PA plays on that list. LOL

I don't play Madden all that much, but that is a really nice set of statistics.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

If I am correct majority of those plays go to the slot receiver or have a slot receiver running some sort of "over the middle pattern". I hope they see this as a an area that needs work and that is "slot receiver abuse".

What you guys think? Anybody have trouble stopping a "slot receiver abuser" online?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
If I am correct majority of those plays go to the slot receiver or have a slot receiver running some sort of "over the middle pattern". I hope they see this as a an area that needs work and that is "slot receiver abuse".

What you guys think? Anybody have trouble stopping a "slot receiver abuser" online?
Exactly!! I don't like this thread. It should be renamed: "Cheesers need more help at exploiting the AI, view this thread." Now those people can try all these plays that work well, and add them to their gameplan and call them every time. Wonder if Steve will take my advice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
I think it comes down to the fact zone defense is broken.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage

Yeah drags/shakes/slants. I wouldn't call it abuse, I'd just say now you know where to play user D! The middle zones are pretty garbage against inside routes for whatever reason.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
if you guys watch real NFL games you'd see a lot of passes completed are on crossing routes or option routes where teams find areas in a zone and sit. Watch the Patriots, they live off of that. If you play zone on them they find the hole in the zone and sit and Brady finds the guy. If its man to man they run a lot of crossing routes because its harder to cover man to man.

So just because crossing plays are completed the most doesnt mean there is something wrong with the game or the zone coverage in the game is broken. If you watch real football you'd see crossing routes, option routes, drags and slants are the easier passes to complete instead of out routes where you have to throw to the sideline or deep balls where the defender has more time to cover. Theyre the hardest routes to cover. Its common sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »