Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I usually do a few 1 year franchises because I don't like the off season. Then, I just play the next team on the Steelers schedule twice, once before and once after. I did 1 year in online franchise mode, and I play about 3-4 online games a week! So, when you say exclusively offline and online, what are the main ones: is it play now and head-to-head? Or maybe its MUT.
No, it's mainly online ranked games or offline franchise games, and most people play either one or the other - rarely do they play an even mix of both. Those make up the majority of all games played in Madden NFL 11.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

I just play only offline franchise. I am hoping that M12 will be deeper and more immersive.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Rookie

Timmy458's Arena

OVR: 2

Listening to the podcast I can say this is probably the best one so far. Now I know they talked about features and stuff so I would like to give my 2 cents about 2 things that I would like to see done to Madden that would make me buy it again:

1. New and better animations (ex. different play-action animations for Quarterbacks, and tackling)

2. Better offline franchise, now I know this has been brought up a lot but this is a really important factor if I will buy Madden.

But I really appreciate Ian, Donny and the group for doing these podcast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

It's a PastaPodcast! Haha just cranked it up...
Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wish they would talk about why EA servers are so bad. Why playing online franchise has so much lag vs online quick match. I can assume why taking into account thefranchise aspect, but the lag is so bad. Connecting to EA servers and the stability of the connections seems to be consistently bad....

I hope the ycontinue to listen to the community as they say they have, but not sure at any point did the community ask for the strat pad, rewind, gameplan, etc etc...The most i've seen people talk about is the mechanics, the AI, and the presentation, but it seems to continue to be overlooked with only small adjustments every year...Instead every year, we get a new gimmick that brings nothing to the table...the last feature that was great was the hit stick and now its pretty much useless...

Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
No, it's mainly online ranked games or offline franchise games, and most people play either one or the other - rarely do they play an even mix of both. Those make up the majority of all games played in Madden NFL 11.
Also, you might have to factor in the franchise mode basically untouched on M11, so maybe some of those online ranked players will play franchise mode now. Instead of them being exclusively online or offline, maybe it more has to do with what the game has to offer them.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

I am an offline franchise guy. I rarely play online due to time...As stated in the podcast I do believe it has a lot to do with age and time constraints.I would also like to say great job on the support for the game this year in terms of patches and community interaction I have been a long time fan and Madden almost lost me this year, but I do believe this game is starting to head in the right direction and you guys are getting a better grasp on what your core group of Madden players are looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Ian, great stuff man. I have to say I am in the offline franchise only group. I'm 30, have a family, and a career so I have limited time when I play. I don't like playing human vs human games and never have. Since I have always played franchise mode that is what appeals to me. I would think age would be a factor on what mode you play and how. I'm high school history teacher and I hear students talking all the time about getting in a few games when they get home with other students. That is how they enjoy the games they play. I don't see any enjoyment in that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »