Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #17
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Wow, best podcast in the history of the world!

Happy Holidays everyone!
I will save my "constructive criticism" till after the New Year, Happy Holidays to you and the entire EA family.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Hmm...I wonder why Ian asked Pasta about his expectations for Madden 14 ? Not Madden 13, or 15, but Madden 14 ? Is there anything special happening that year ?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't heard this one yet but I've enjoyed the podcasts so far, I think they are still very limited in terms of content (thank you EA Marketing) but they will be so much more fun when you guys can start revealing stuff.

Madden 10 & 11 have definitely been the best ps3 versions I've played & am looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few year, have big hopes for franchise in 12 since that's all I really play in all the EA titles (FIFA, NHL etc), the main reasons I avoid online for Madden are because the service down here in Australia can be shoddy at times & also I just enjoy franchise more.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Hmm...I wonder why Ian asked Pasta about his expectations for Madden 14 ? Not Madden 13, or 15, but Madden 14 ? Is there anything special happening that year ?
Curious why he would ask about Madden 14 in general. I haven't got to listen yet so I don't know the context.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I like the overall direction of Madden. By Madden 13, the game should be at a elite level because of multi-year features.
My main concern is that the game is headed for mostly online features. I not an online guy at all. I mainly use online for updates. But I understand that online is a big thing in almost every game. You have to cater to the majority. Ex. major problem- bad online service vs. minor problem- "scrap SS mode". You have to fix major problems first. I am a big Be a pro guy but if there was a priority list SS mode should not be at the top of the list. But they should continue to improve offline modes. SS mode has gotten so boring that most people dont even think of playing it thats why it is one of the least played modes. Onlines is and will be a major priority, but offline should be improved every year even if it is small.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Best podcast I've heard so far! It rubs me a little hearing the madden crew constantly mention the "damned if you do damned if you dont" stuff. I understand that the communities are horrible at times but most of it is just to getc a rise out of them. They true general gaming population are pretty level headed and know there is not such thing as a perfect games and understand how hard they work.
Podcast seemed productive and even though im not a big fan of pastapadre I felt hey held his own and had valid points. I have not doubt madden will be good next year as it was this year. The question is will it be great? Will it be a big jump forward?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:42 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

Thanks for acknowledging -- CUSTOMIZATION IS KING!!!!!

I loved hearing that.

And just it reiterate this. I got this link from TrueHoop but it is good to listen to.

http://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gla...tti_sauce.html

This show gets better and better. Glad they are continuing to take the time and talk shop.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

I get the feeling that mentioning offline franchise in the Tiburon office is like yelling Voldemort @ Hogswart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »